Microwave Turntable Motor: Interchangeability?

My friend's microwave oven has a non-working burnt out turntable motor. Som e liquid spilled down to it, resulting in charred windings. These little mo tors are all AC synchronous motors. The original motor is rated at 2.5/3 RP M and 2.5/2 watts. On it is stamped "GM-20-12FG12," appearing to be a main identifier. I can find other 2.5/3 RPM synchronous motors but they have a d ifferent number stamped on them. E.g.

--

and

--

M.

I think my main concern is that the motor's male side plug fits into the fe male side connector to the microwave and that the mounting holes line up. H as anyone tried interchanging these motors with success?

Reply to
honda.lioness