experience with hf returns

anyone had to do a return to hf
what about a new tool that is missing a part
just wondering if i should just ask for a refund and repurchase
or have them send a part
do not order from them much and have never had an issue that was worth contacting them about
On 6/9/16 3:47 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

Every HF I have dealt with has been great about returns. If something is missing, they most likely just take the whole thing and give you an entire new one. They did have to send me parts form something I bought, but it was fast and trouble free.
If I were you, I'd contact your computer manufacturer to see if they can send you all the capital letters and punctuation marks that are missing from your keyboard.
--

-MIKE-

That has been my experience also.

LOL.
John
One of my HF's would not do any thing without a receipt. I live in the SF Bay Area.
CP
On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 17:25:20 -0700

yeah gotta have a receipt but that has been true for a long time everywhere
will probably sell this one and just get a new one
always a point of diminishing returns on time spent getting a refund or a replacement
tools sell well on feebay too
On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 12:01:23 PM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:

Should you decide to sell, I sure hope any missing/damaged parts will be well-disclosed in your post. Nothing worse that than buying someones trash, unknowingly.

Where? I usta live in Pleasanton/Livermore.

Buy a new one and use the second receipt to get a refund on the first purchase. ;)
nb
notbob wrote:

Careful out there. Some may call that fraud...

Yet selling an item with missing parts is not?
nb
notbob wrote:

It goes back to "intent".

Bill wrote:

Ironically, "creating justice" for yourself seems to be frowned upon in the judicial system.

How does that work? The vendor unintentionally leaves a piece out, but I cannot "unintentionally" switch receipts? Who decides this? You? A judge? A jury? And fer which party? Me? The vendor?
Doesn't strike me as a very level playing field. 8|
nb
notbob wrote:

Try switching receipts with your insurance company and see what happens! They will take care of you pronto! ; )

So you say. I've already been defrauded by my auto insurance company and it looks like they may be at it again. They owe me $200 and I've yet to see it.
I don't have time to argue with you, but you can tell all the other posters, here, how insurance companies never ever defraud their customers. I'm sure you'll get a lots of support. ;)
nb
notbob wrote:

I just chose insurance companies as an example. Defraud anyone and get a free lesson in how the legal system works...

Jes bring $$$$
On 6/14/2016 4:33 PM, Bill wrote:

Explain how this would be conceived as fraud? You bought and paid for both.
This is no different than you buying an item twice on different days and returning one with one of the receipts. What is wrong with that?
Leon wrote:

It depends on how many days there are between the different days. For instance, an item may have a 30-day guarantee. If there were 31 days between purchases, using the newer receipt to take advantage of the 30 day guarantee on the older item would constitute fraud.