Dissatisfied with Lee Valley order

Page 5 of 6

I guess you're trying to shed that perfection image that you dote on Charlie. Now you're actually practising a some pettiness. Good for you. Try a little harder though, it's not working.

This is an easy problem to solve. FedEx had a database for each delivery point they have used. In my case, the driver can look at his board and see where the package is to be left if no one is home. They have not missed yet since this started about a year ago. Call them or tell the drive next time you get a delivery. Then all you have to do is check that spot every day if you are expecting a delivery. Ed
Mon, Sep 15, 2003, 2:52pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net (Leon) says: <snip> When I have this type of problem I Always consider what I couldhave done wrong first and then find out what really happened. <snip>
I don't know that I have ever had this type of problem. I do order stuff, usually something for one of my kids for one of their 4X4 projects (they have me call in the order, using my debit card, and pay me - first - that's from experience LOL). At the time of the order, I ask how long to get here. With the 4X4 stuff, 5-10 working days seems about the norm. I tell the kid, and if it isn't here in however long they said, I call back and check the status. Saves a lot of heartburn.
JOAT Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 15 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKE /

I get stuff from FedEx and UPS all the time like that. I consider it a good thing that they leave it because it saves me the hassle of having to go to their depot to pick it up. Just tell the shipper to request "signature required" service and they won't leave stuff unattended anymore.

You're still looking for somebody to blame. Get a life.
We live a short half block from a middle school, formerly Jr High, and get prescription meds via USPS left on the doorstep with NO ringing of the doorbell. USPS doesn't want to initiate a standing order to ring the doorbell that is all of 15" from mail slot. I've thanked those that have the initiative to do this out of respect (or whatever) trying to encourage the courtesy practice. UPS packages have been left behind a plant near the door or under the mat but USPS stuff is merely dropped ON the mat.

On 15 Sep 2003 14:11:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

I've ordered a lot of things from tool companies, including Lee Valley. I very much doubt if I'm the only one who has had at least four times as much trouble from the shipper as I've ever had from the supplier.
OTOH - I'm getting a bit sick of Axminster's hit-rate for mis-picking from the warehouse.
Andy Dingley notes:

Don't know how it works on your side of the pond, but I've been very, very fortunate here. My deliveries from every company I've used that sells woodworking supplies have been on time, and usually contain everything in a single package. that includes Lee Valley, Woodworker's Supply, Rockler, Cherry Tree, Woodcraft, and several others to whom I offer an apology for leaving them out. And I don't believe it's because they know I write about woodworking, because orders go through an entirely different set-up, where it would be unusual for any name recognition to occur.
I've seen several of these order groups, and customer service groups, in action, and the dedication of the staffers in the top companies is incredible. These are far from the highest paid employees in any of the companies, often probably nearer the lowest (along with some of the pickers and packers in the warehouses), but on the whole they are the hardest working, the most cheerful and often the most competent.
Their bosses may or may not appreciate their efforts, but they certainly should.
Charlie Self
"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." Samuel Johnson

Most shippers have a "Driver Release" policy. The shipper must specify that a signature is required so this doesn't happen.
It's quite common in my 'hood.
Maybe you're going a bit overboard with this?
Barry

I love apologies that don't apologise for anything.
"I'm sorry you got upset when I screwed your wife. But, dude, like, you should work on your anger management skills."
M--

package is! After UPS and FEDEX both hung medicine packages on my rural mail box that is a quarter mile from house, I gave up. I guess the red flag signed for them. I wonder how much the theives got for a three months supply of codeine pain pills. Bill

Gotta agree with this one. I know when I order stuff from LV I look every day. Hell, two or three times a day. I get antsy and can't wait for my goodies to arrive. To me it seems strange to not look and pace and pace and look waiting for my toys to arrive. Oh well. I guess it's just me. ;-)
Dennis Vogel
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 22:06:57 -0400, "Dennis snipped-for-privacy@patmedia.net"

Nah...not just you, Dennis! Its a guy thing! lol
I seem to have most stuff sent to me by UPS...and most of the vendors nowadays send a confirming email...with a link to the UPS site...and my order number. So I track most orders from day one.
I have my UPS driver's cell phone number. If I'm really ansy, I'll call him and see if I can meet him somewhere on his route. If he has time (around lunch, etc.) I even treat.
I know by the tracking number when the package is gonna be delivered. So if I know that I'm gonna miss the delivery for sure...and its a valuable delivery...I try to run him down...or tell him exactly where to put it.
UPS is your friend! lol
Hope ya'll have a nice week...
Trent
Charlie Self wrote in rec.woodworking

UPS consistantly leaves package on front doorstep, rings bell and leaves. Gone by the time I answer the door and it is right there in full view of everyone passing by. US Mail will leave it with a neighbor if not home. Just my two cents worth.
Tue, Sep 16, 2003, 9:28am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@bendcable.com (TimDouglass) says: Sorry Dave, but we've already blamed you for too many things, you're over quota this month. Someone else will have to take the blame.
Can tell you didn't read the minutes of the last meeting. An amendment to the by-laws was passed, by unanimous vote of all present. Dave now can be blamed for any, and every, wrongful act, with no upper limit. This is retroacative, just in case. The quota rule still applies for anyone else, for now.
By the way, you didn't receive minutes of the last meeting, because you don't have a need to know. And, there was no meeting, because there is no Cabal.
JOAT Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 15 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKE /

Otherwise expressed as "TINC".
Kevin
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:42:39 -0400 (EDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT) wrote:

<whine> I'm always the last to know. </whine> Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com

Now THAT'S a company worth dealing with!!
*I* sure in the hell wouldn't give him his money back! lol
Hope ya'll have a nice week...
Trent
I must have missed something, I've never had many dealings with FedEx. Do they routinely 'sign'

No, actually UPS does not require a signature. I have UPS deliveries where the driver rings the door bell, leaves, and leaves the package on the door step. I think they are more likely to leave a low valued package with out a signature than one that is insured beyond the automatic $100 minimum.
FWIW, I've never had a problem with Lee Valley and will continue to do business with them. Based on what I've read here on the wreck, they are extremely responsive to their customers, so I have no doubt that should I ever have a problem, it will be resolved promptly.
I find it curious though... You post on the 14th that you have not received the package and will refuse, yet Mr Lee notes the package was signed for the morning of the 11th.
djb
--
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

According to FedEx (see post from Rob Lee) the order was received exactly one week after you made the telephone call. In a reply to Leon, you go on about how you're telling the truth. Could you please confirm that the FedEx report is mistaken? Otherwise, you should apologize for lying and complaining about what was actually good service (1 week delivery for a phone order).
Ken Muldrew snipped-for-privacy@ucalgary.ca