Bandsaw Recommendations

I've searched through the rec archives and haven't found exactly what I'm seeking.
I have about $800 to spend on a bandsaw, and I can't seem to make up my mind what would best suit my needs.
I've looked at the US built enclosed stand Delta, the Chiwaneese Delta, the Jet, I've read about the Grizzly and the Shop Fox.
Laguna and Minimax seem a bit out of my budget.
My primary application is to resaw 5/4 or 6/4 hardwood into 3/8" or 1/2" slabs. Most of it is 6" or narrower in width.
Given the choice between the Jet 14 or 16, the Delta 14, the Grizzly lineup, or the Shop Fox 16, what would be the best choice for my application?
Is there another saw I should consider?
Are there any owners of these saws out there that have any strong likes or dislikes within this group of saws?
Thanks for your help.
Rick
please tell me where you can get the Delta X5 14" BS for $800! I've been trying to find it cheaper than $899 delivered, no tax. dave
Rick wrote:

You go to work for a company that sells them like I did.
Rick

I have the Delta/Rockwell 14" enclosed band saw from about 1970. I have no problems with it. Since I use it mostly with a 1/8" blade, I would like the Carter ball-bearing blade guides since it is difficult to track with this narrow of a blade. But with a 1/2" blade for resawing, I have had no problems. harrym
One of several differences between the Delta and Jet is the position of the lower guides. Closer controls resaw better, and Delta is closer. I use ceramic guides because I do a lot of green wood for turnings, and they also work fine for resawing dry lumber.
Open stand is just fine by me.
Oh yes, experience with a pair of Grizzlies and a few of their other tools had convinced me that good, fine-grained well-aged cast iron is superior to quickly annealed crap.