Anyone else notice the nice dovetails on the Pope's Coffin?

Page 2 of 3

jo4hn wrote:

Mine's gonna have fake dovetails cut out of contrasting wood -grain tape to cover the nail heads.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

In this case it was one he had picked out himself as he ended up suffering from a long illness and passing away at age 89. Perhaps they did spend more than they needed to. Don't know. Dont care. My aunt is still healthly at age 87 and lives by herself on the farm. She'll likley follow her mother who passed away at 101 after walking to the dining room table in hte morning and taking a sip of coffee.
I'll be down in a couple weeks to do some work and if there's time do a bit of wild Turkey hunting. (whom I fooling, there's never time :(
Allen

One place online that sells wooden coffins at a pretty reasonable price is:
<http://www.trappistcaskets.com/showroom.html
It's a federal law that the funeral home has to use a coffin that you provide from another source and cannot charge you extra for it.
--
Hank Gillette

Hank Gillette wrote:

But, there is a way around that law. They have a set price for each service on a sort of "a la carte menu" which is ungodly high, but they have a "special deal" if you purchase ALL services from them. Believe me, that special deal is no bargain.
Glen
I'd like to make my own urn. Anyone know what size it should be?
John

John wrote:

Ah, the internet. What a great place to find answers to the most arcane queries....
Take a look here:
http://www.everlifememorials.com/urns/urns-size.htm
Tells you how to compute the volume needed for your cremains.
Thanks. Now comes the planning on what style I would like for my remains.
John

on 4/14/2005 12:57 PM John said the following:

Extra well done, John. Anything less and you won't fit AND cause an environmental concern<g>

Cubic inch per pound
Andy Dingley wrote:

Still the best word on the subject: _The American Way of Death_ by Jessica Mitford. (I met her once.)
Morris Dovey wrote:

har. And my dad was a 33 deg Mason.     j4

So he was cold, huh?
GROAN!

Yes, it looked very nice and simple. My plan is to make a similar casket for myself and leave it to my kids to glue together when needed.
The Pope was indeed a man of God.
Dave

I am glad to hear that I am not alone. I found myself sitting there looking at it and thinking the woodworker who built this coffin was 1. very honored at being given the job, 2. was evidently a master at his trade, and 3. an artist beyond compare. I too wondered about walnut outer coffin. Since it was the last in the series and then put in the ground under St. Peter's, we will never see it. I would be willing to bet long odds that if the same craftsman built it, that it too is beautiful. Beej
Beej-in-GA wrote:

I would be so honored to get a call like that, I don't think I could even accept payment.
I wonder if the woodworker is a Vatican employee?
Barry
I wonder what he yells, when he smacks his thumb with the hammer.