OT: Cracking up again.....

Some stuff hits me funny. This did:

Robatoy

I saw that on its original show, TopGear, and I rewound about eleventy times.

Reply to
-MIKE-

look at this. Wow, totally unusual. It was dry, British humor. I laughed my ass off every time the car rolled.

Is this slapstick? It must be.

The funniest part, to me, was how polite everyone was when they righted the car. Needless to say, I won't be buying one of these cars. And training wheels for a car? I think it would be a suitable vehicle for clowns.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Well, he did say the American Embassy ran a fleet of them! OK OK, that was a cheap shot, but you left me no choice...

I agree, I wouldn't have had one - I am pretty sure they are not made now. There always used to be the occasional one popping up in modified car magazines when I was growing up as some nutter would cram a Cosworth motor into them or a Ford V6 or something and go and worry the hat-hatches.

Reply to
David Paste

When I was in the UK, I took a liking to this particular Reliant:

to believe it is from the same company.

Reply to
Robatoy

That is a badass little car.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Oh blimey, yeah. My cousin once had a Scimitar. It was /fast/ (plastic body and a tinkered-with 3litre V6, it should have been...). I quite fancy one too. They also made a drop-top model which was pretty tasty.

Reply to
David Paste

As far as I know you can't anyway. Reliant ceased production of three-wheelers in 2001.

They were quite popular when I was a youth - you could drive them on a motorbike license and they were cheap. They were also largely glassfibre which, of course, doesn't rust.

Reply to
Stuart

THIS is badass (and the most beautiful automobile ever made. IMNSHO.) (There are, of course, cars that are also more 'most beautiful', but those hail from other eras, like the '57 Bentley drop-head, Bugatti Royale, Voisin, lots...)

Reply to
Robatoy

5:49 PM, Robatoy wrote:

It would help if I posted the link:

Robatoy

Who bought himself a new Austin, He had room for his ass, a gallon of gas, But his balls hung out, and he lost them.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Now that's a stylish machine!

Reply to
Steve Turner

Quite unlike the ones made from oak.

Reply to
Steve Turner

:
*smirk* (Morgans?)
Reply to
Robatoy

THIS is badass (and the most beautiful automobile ever made. IMNSHO.) (There are, of course, cars that are also more 'most beautiful', but those hail from other eras, like the '57 Bentley drop-head, Bugatti Royale, Voisin, lots...)

Volvo P1800 - any year.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

rightly so.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I have to say, I never heard of the Reliant Robin before, and after looking at the video, I wasn't sure if the whole thing wasn't some kind of April Fool's day joke or something. So I decided to google it and see if it was real. Not only real, it turns out. but after Top Gear ran that episode, there was a rash of incidents where Robin owners throughout GB found their cars tipped over by pranksters/vandals. In typical British understatement, one article I read about these tippings quoted a BBC (they produce Top Gear) spokesman: "We do not condone these activities."

Reply to
Larry W

:> > When I was in the UK, I took a liking to this particular Reliant: :> >

> Hard to believe it is from the same company. :>

:> That is a badass little car. :>

: THIS is badass (and the most beautiful automobile ever made. IMNSHO.)

Nah, try these:

Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Had a '66, and an ES... I miss the first one, but upkeep was getting a bit pricey. Still, 39MPG @ 90 MPH... I can only plead that I was younger then.

Reply to
Steve

The little Reliant Scimitar WAS a nice piece of machinery - as was the scimitar sabre. and the Reliant Kitten (the 4 wheel version of the Robin) wasn't bad for a puddlejumper.

Reply to
clare