Diane Keaton? Gagarino!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

?v=_b4WzWFKQ20

Reply to
Just Wondering

Would you settle for maple?

Just Wondering

There is also another strong reason why they were so well-known here. For years, there was a very popular sitcom called Only Fools and Horses and the main characters had a knackered-looking, yellow van version of the three-wheeler:

logo on the side reads: Trotters Independent Trading Co. Paris - New York - Peckham)

Reply to
David Paste

unsafe activity.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Those chards of fibreglass won't cut much deeper than 3-5 inches. So it's safe.

Reply to
Robatoy

Those chards of fibreglass won't cut much deeper than 3-5 inches. So it's safe.

*************************

Especially if your body is surrounded by 6 inches of pure unadulterated fat

Reply to
George W Frost

Mentioning the van reminds me of the USA's own 3 wheeler of the sixties. Take a look at the Trivan:

a kid I lived in Pottsville PA, not far from Frackville where they were built. A neighbor around the corner from me had a sales job with them for a time and often drove one home. I remember even as a 10 year old noticing how much that engine sounded like a lawn tractor.

Reply to
Larry W

What? How has my name gotten associated with rusting oak?

Really. I am clueless as to the joke, here.

Reply to
Morgans

wheeler, too. I reckon one of those these days would make a great marketing device for town / city deliveries (for a shop that sells light-weight things!).

Heh, I can imagine. Not sure how well the 2-stroke diesel would go down with the air-quality bureaucrats today though!

Reply to
David Paste

Morgan is a small British company that has (and still does, as far as I am aware) built sports cars on an Ash (I think) chassis.

Reply to
David Paste

It's joke from another thread. Some guy was claiming that oak sawdust was corrosive enough to damage metal... which is complete BS. So now, anytime someone brings up oak, we all joke around about oak rust.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Indeed. They use a technique of stretching and painting canvas on a frame made of wood, similar to aircraft from previous wars. The Plus 4 Morgan was an interesting mish-mash of other manyfacturers's [sic] parts. Their latest offerings handle superbly, are quite fast, but the visuals??? Marty Feldman, Ben Turpin come to mind:

have steered away from that lately.

Reply to
Robatoy

No, it's gotten associated with a great *wooden* sports car:

Larry Blanchard

Never heard of Oak rust?

krw

David Paste wrote: : On Nov 23, 1:35 am, snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lNoOnSePsAtMar.org (Larry W) wrote: :> I have to say, I never heard of the Reliant Robin before, and after looking :> at the video, I wasn't sure if the whole thing wasn't some kind of April :> Fool's day joke or something. So I decided to google it and see if it was :> real. Not only real, it turns out.

: There is also another strong reason why they were so well-known here. : For years, there was a very popular sitcom called Only Fools and : Horses and the main characters had a knackered-looking, yellow van : version of the three-wheeler:

:

blue one was also one of Mr. Bean's nemeseses:

?v=ECeRhqqVGT0
many others. Brilliance.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Indeed. They use a technique of stretching and painting canvas on a frame made of wood, similar to aircraft from previous wars. The Plus 4 Morgan was an interesting mish-mash of other manyfacturers's [sic] parts. Their latest offerings handle superbly, are quite fast, but the visuals??? Marty Feldman, Ben Turpin come to mind:

have steered away from that lately.

**********************

Steered away?

Shirley you jest

But, I have a PPS of the manufacture of the Morgan, but too big for here

Reply to
George W Frost

But the "roustabout" didn't have the tip-over problem because it had the single wheel on the rear. Not terribly smart for a load carier, as it turned out - bur much more stable than a Robin. It sounded like a lawn tractor engine because it was - Kohler 22HP twin.

Reply to
clare

DUH!

Reply to
Larry W

The body being ash framed has nothing to do with the CHASSIS.

However, there WERE wood CHASSIS automobiles as well. Marcos was one more recent example

Reply to
clare