THIS IS FUNNY

I ran across this site the other day. Have no idea who did it. But, if you want to see something I think is funny, scroll down to JOAT ARCHIVES and click it.

JOAT Expensive tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe.

- Bazooka Joe THE NEW COPPERPLATE

J T

don't think I'm an expert by any means - but knowing how to look things up, and knowing how to find and get information is the key...

Reply to
ClevelandTech

Mon, Jul 26, 2004, 3:23am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (ClevelandTech) says: but knowing how to look things up, and knowing how to find and get information is the key...

Yes, that "should" be a given.

However, you haven't been here long enough to understand the humorous part.

JOAT Expensive tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe.

- Bazooka Joe THE NEW COPPERPLATE

J T

... and the limit of 30 won't even handle the posts for making a stick.

Reply to
Swingman

This depends greatly on the audience. ;-) When I was in the U.S. Army (1985-92) in some units the "resident expert" had a college degree. In many other units the "priest of the personal computer" was the first person who could actually spell "PC". ;-)

15+ years ago I read that this was true even of the Unix SuperGeeks. (Not the term of 15 years ago.)

Another key: How to make things work when what you need to know ISN'T available, or refuses to work as the marketingcritters wrote it up. I tried many different things trying to get the text out of a locked PDF, including intercepting the stream to a text-only printer, but (apparently) character set problems kept hosing things up. The boss got his text file though, because I can still do 78 wpm typing.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Finally, a man appreciated in his own time!

Can I have your autograph?

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Mon, Jul 26, 2004, 8:31pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.no.spam.net (Mark=A0Jerde) asks: Can I have your autograph?

Aw shucks, it weren't nuthin'. But, yeah. Here.

JOAT

JOAT Expensive tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe.

- Bazooka Joe THE NEW COPPERPLATE

J T

Just do a google search - I'm sure his signature has appeared on a post at some time. And isn't that much more efficient than asking? ;-)

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass