Bathroom cracking up

Cracked toilet seat = pinched bottom - ouch!!

Get rid of it. If you can't get an exact match, go for a contrast - maybe a wooden one?

Reply to
Set Square

OK, I've had a crack in the bath for some time (patched underneath with fibreglass repair kit, looks awful but seems to be watertight) and now the toilet seat has cracked at the front. Inevitably the whole bathroom is colour coordinated (I believe the usual term is 'champagne', looks more like pale yellow or green or possibly brown to me) so getting replacements proving difficult. I've tried superglue then epoxy resin on the toilet seat - the crack holds itself closed but tends to open slightly and rather disconcertingly under load!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
Tim Steele

This has to be the saddest thread of the season.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Sounds like it. The bath and seat are both splitting their sides!

Reply to
Set Square

What kind of jokes make a bathroom crack up?

Lavatory humour?

Reply to
Peter Twydell

In message , Peter Twydell writes

Bog standard comedy again ...

Reply to
raden

Yes I was more worried about him getting other bits being pinched actually..

Agree; also it's probably not too hygenic having a crack on the bog seat. But if you must repair it, I should reinforce it underneath. Don't know what sort of plastic the seat's made of, or it's profile, but something like a mending plate or two glued to the underside with Araldite would probably do it (eg

David

Reply to
Lobster

Lay off the pies for a while & use the money you save for a new suite? :p

Reply to
adder

it doesnt get bent about as you sit on it. Could be unhygienic though, and could snap in mid performance :) And with nice sharp edges... conveniently placed... no thank you.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Perhaps he's just taking th ... no, I shan't go there.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Believe it or not I read those words and my legs squeezed together involuntarily to protect my assets! :)

Andrew

Reply to
PoP

Not quite as bad as the guy that recently blew his off with an illegal firearm...

Reply to
Ian Stirling