Subject Author Posted Replies

Builiding a shelf? Check out the Sagulator!
Kind of fun, although far too many choices of materials to choose from. 20 species of pine, 17 species of oak, etc. Does anybody know if Home Depot Melamine panels are made from M1, M2 or M3 particle...
8
8

Hammer drills - corded
I need to buy a hammer drill to fasten a ledger board to a foundation for a deck. What do you guys like in hammer drills (corded only)? Thanks, Tom
17
17

How to Quickly Seal Hardboard
I recently purchased a latex mattress and platform bed frame. The wire grid was spaced much wider than recommended for a latex mattress, so I purchased some perforated hardboard. But it's been a month...
5
5

What To Look For In A Router Table Insert?
I'm thinking about building a router table extension for my table saw. I don't have room for a free-standing table and I'm tired of pulling out and setting up my bench top router table every time I...
3
3

Repair/reinforcement of double pedestal desk
I would like to repair and reinforce a 1930's Lincoln double pedestal office desk to use as a base for a metalworking lathe. The desk appears to have been made by the Commercial Furniture Company of...
29
29

Anyone recognize this latch?
Lav door latch (see link below) for our motorhome fails to catch the strike plate. Tried to disassemble only to discover that a previous owner used s ome kind of permanent adhesive to secure the...
4
4

No Woodcraft in Tulsa for a while
The local Woodcraft store here in Tulsa is down for a while. We had an unexpected EF2 tornado early yesterday morning and the Woodcraft store was in the path. I didn't see any pictures of the store...
15
15

Anybody use a Roomba in the workshop?
Any of you guys use a Roomba (or other robot vacuum cleaner) to keep your shop floor clean? Just wondering if it works...
64
64

Table saw safety
Self explanatory but you have to feel bad for the guy. ouch! I had a little incident a while back. One split-second loss of focus, and I put my hand through a table saw.

Bandsaw Issue
This is the knob for adjusting the top wheel on my bandsaw, to maintain its being coplanar with the lower wheel. c/ There is no locking mechanism for this knob, so it moves, unscrews, because of...
24
24

Need Info On Rockwell Jointer 37-290
My son was given the Rockwell 37-290 jointer and associated parts shown in these images: Obvious issues: The table and fence are pretty rusty. Are they salvageable and if so, what's the best method to...
9
9

Slightly off topic Florescent lights.
A dark light rag? The "Black and White Rag" was composed in 1908. I'm not sure what it was composed of.. Say the secret word and you'll win $500. ; )
59
59

electric work truck
no idea on the price yet but i really like the idea of an all electric work truck price will be critical to its success low low maintenance costs are really appealing and more storage space with a...
49
49

Hercules beats DeWALT ?!?
It appears Harbor Freight is finally trying to enter the 21st century with it's new 20v Li-ion offerings, making some pretty bold claims: Hercules 1/2" Compact Drill Driver Kit $110 $100 w/coupon:...
8
8

Work Tables
I just bought 2 work tables for $610. Seen via pics, only. I hope they are in as reasonable shape as my imagination has allowed. Sonny Industrial Recovery Services - Bidders Paddle...
12
12