Work Tables

I just bought 2 work tables for $610. Seen via pics, only. I hope they are in as reasonable shape as my imagination has allowed.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Congratulations! Looks like they sport some nice vises. Those tables might have been handy on the "gigantic table" project you did a while back. Good luck!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Nice Find!

If I bought even one of those tables the only place I would have room for it is right where it is now. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Curious, if you didn't actually "touch" them, I assume you had to pay $$ to have them shipped? They look rather heavy 8^)

-BR

Reply to
Brewster

The plan, in the works for some time, was for me to vacation in NC for the solar eclipse, Aug. 21st. I have a sister in Troutman and nephews in Charl otte and Raleigh. Tentative arrangements have been made for Damian, in Ch arlotte, to go pick them up.... or I may get there to get them, myself. I have until Aug. 28th to get them. Beyond this, there's plans to spend so me time at Hilton Head, before coming home.

Ryan, in Raleigh, is a budding woodworker and is building a shed (he calls it) in his back yard. He may want one of the tables.

Initially, I was watching the two 16" jointers, specifically the Northfield . Price went too high.

*21220*21230*21231*21232*21233&pid=21219&cat=19

The bidding on the tables stayed low, so I took a chance on them.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

How much does that beast weigh?

Looks like it's in really good condition.

Reply to
Spalted Walt

Cool! I hope you can move them. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Come on! What can a tree or three weigh, anyway?

Reply to
krw

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 1800 lbs. 2000 lbs+ when a shipping pallet is included.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I have some carts for moving them. Damian is a big fellow, for help with lifting them.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

And don't forget your COI (Certificate of Insurance).

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

I've purchased through IRS Auctions, before, and am familiar with the ins. procedures of other facilities/companies. The stated procedures, here, se ems to be the same, as with other facilities.

If an item requires heavy equipment for removing/loading, to your vehicle, then you need ins. Hand carting an item is the same as hand carrying and I have the carts. I suspect Bakers Furniture protocol is the same.

I've seen, on other auctions, where some companies require ins for simply d riving your vehicle onto their property, not just for (or more so for, than just) loading an item. In those cases, those instructions had been more detailed and required even more "paperwork", to be in proper order, etc.

Another example/option: If I had won the bid on the jointer and arranged f or a shipping company to pickup & deliver, it would be the shipping company that would obtain the ins needs. The selling companies are familiar with shipping, this way, and the shipping companies already have these ins requ irements in order. Often times, the shipping companies can/will pallet an item, for shipping, also.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

By the time I wired the payment and got home, Friday, it was too late to ca ll for details about pickup, etc. I just called them....

If an item can be hand carted out, even with a pallet jack, one doesn't nee d the ins requirement.

If you'd like them to load with their forklift, a small loading fee is char ged.

This is similar to the procedures of other companies.

When picking up from other auctions, I'd chat with the workers..... the com panies were closing the facilities. By the time of the sale, most workers had been laid off... only a few remained for monitoring/handling the sale s event. Those remaining workers had been somewhat disgruntled, since the y were about to become unemployed. Despite loosing their jobs, almost all of them were kind and considerate and gladly helped or accommodated with a ny loading, etc. They didn't hesitate to assist me. I expect the folks, I meet at Baker, will be the same.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny