Anyone recognize this latch?

Lav door latch (see link below) for our motorhome fails to catch the strike plate. Tried to disassemble only to discover that a previous owner used s ome kind of permanent adhesive to secure the handles. Handles must come of f before mechanism can be inspected. Angle grinder will take care of that, but I want a replacement in hand. Latch measures approx 2 1/4 wide and 3

5/8 tall including the flanges.

Also ... who would you seek out to identify mfr or find a suitable replacem ent.

Thanks,

Larry

Reply to
Gramps' shop

Did you check for a small snap ring - holding one handle on ? Just a thought - I have no experience with this hardware. Is the motorhome manufacturer still around ? or a good dealer .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Looks somewhat similar to this BlueBird rear door latch assembly.

Send them the pic and ask, though they may only sell parts.

Or ask BlueBird:

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Inexpensive, too.

Reply to
G Ross

Thanks. Found one. Not cheap -- 113 with shipping

Reply to
Gramps' shop