Latch for pull down attic door.

I am trying select latches for a pull down attic door. I want compress the weatherstripping a bit.
This a spring loaded pull down door with fold out stairs.
I suppose simple bolt latches might work. Any other ideas?
yeahbuddy had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Latch-for-pull-down-attic-door-281421-.htm :
I used 2 of these and they worked beautifully
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200328315_200328315?cm_sp=Customer%20driven-_-Recently%20Viewed-_-Category%20Page
(Master Magnetics Two-Way Door Latch Magnet)
They handle up to 50 lbs each. They are very strong. Good luck.
------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 341288 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
replying to tadamsmar, Joe wrote: Yes, I have an idea to use a pull rope that goes through through a smooth hole in the attic door assembly and attached to a spring loaded latch. To close the attack door simply, push it closed using a broom handle with a protective sponge ball to protect the door assembly finish. This will compress your insulation. To open simply pull the rope, as you normally would to open the door assembly and the rope will pull back the spring loaded latch. Now you won't need to get a stool to undue the bolt latches every time you want access to the attic.
On Monday, February 6, 2017 at 11:44:06 PM UTC-5, Joe wrote:

(Yes, I know it's an 8 year old thread)
I built one of these. It fits snugly into the framing for the ladder. So snug that I had to put handles on the inside to pull it down into the opening. Not need for a latch.
http://www.conservationmart.com/images/Product/medium/10134.jpg