Subject Author Posted Replies

spoofed (was Re : )
gee how clever NNTP-Posting-Host:

OT: Said Goodbye To The Dog Today - I'm Sad.
A while back SWMBO and I were out of town. My son called to tell us that we would be dog-sitting for a few weeks while a bad situation at his friend's house was being worked out. The dog was not being...
12
12

what to use for giant "cork" board?
My daughter wants a giant pin board. There are online "tutorials" on how to make one with sheet foam insulation covered in cloth. That's the sort of design she would want. I'd rather not buy the...
13
13

anniversary today
looking at home hub my first post to rec woodworking was nov 27 2014 capital letters and punctuation did both back then just seems so stupid now what was i thinking what a waste of energy with the...
1
1

adhesive for mud sill to concrete slab
what is the preferred adhesive and sealant to go between mud sill and concrete slab read that liquid nails is not for such use and is best for wood to wood
7
7

Caulking against rough surfaces
The subject says most of it, and I'm hoping the assembled wisdom here will forgive me if it's OT for the group. In my work, I install basement egress windows, which we make from vinyl composite...
16
16

VCarve Files
Does anyone know a website where I can download VCarve files for free. I know of Thingiverse and Sketchup Warehouse which work. thanks,
1
1

Baby/Pet Gates (Hinge Search)
I posted asking for help with a hinge for the Baby/Pet gates I'm building for a client. I found a great hinge and finished the gates. Installation is tomorrow or Monday. I'll post pics of the final...
26
26

Old fashioned wood planes verses router
I was just going through a few of my hand planes and sharpening and cleaning them up Including a couple really old ones that somehow got rusted. I tested a few and was amazed at how smooth the wood...
21
21

Bandsaw dust collection
Which 14" bandsaw has the best dust collection? My old Grizzly has a collection port but all the dust at the cutting area just falls to the floor.
8
8

You need a plunger
Well this is in the Menard's Black Friday sale flyer Enjoy your Turkey.
7
7

Mostly junk ....BUT!
I know how much you all adore Lee Valley. Quite frankly, except fer their woodworking tools, they sell nothing but junk. I've seen better deals in a Harriet Carter catalog. IOW, mostly crap. BUT!.......

move over sawstop and bladestop
and all other power equipment makers where hands can end up in harms way it is called cnc wonder how many conventional equipment makers will be around in 5 or 10 years laguna has certainly pared down...
5
5

Craftsman 12" radial arm saw
I have this 12" model number 113.29500 Craftsman radial arm saw. On the und erside of the arm is a hole. About 1/2" wide by 4-5" long. Everything tells me it was from the factory that way. The arm is...

Move over, SawStop ...
... here comes BladeStop! "BladeStop? improves band saw safety, with the ability to stop a bandsaw blade within a fraction of a second from when contact is made with the operator, reducing serious...
76
76