Subject Author Posted Replies

New Project! Really ;~)
I sold the garage storage cabinet jobs. A few days back I mention this and inquired about soft close hinges and such. Originally my bid was to use paint quality birch plywood for the bodies of the...
17
17

The Birth Of A Wooden House
24 minutes of European hand-tool home building bliss! What's the deal with the BIG rock going into the basement? Footing for the chimney/fireplace?: This is a documentary movie uncovering the process...
4
4

3d printing and woodworking
Hello all just to make an interesting conversation Has any one ever figure out a way of combination of both woodworking (furniture....) and 3d Printing ?
3
3

Re: One legged milking stools (long)
JOAT has not posted here in a long time, do a google search (or your prefered search engine on) would probably be more fruitful.
5
5

Here's something I hadn't seen before in a bandsaw...
...PTO driven by a tractor! I'd lower the top blade guide myself... but that is just me being worried about accidently shaking hands with the blade while slinging wood as fast as possible!
4
4

onward & upward
I'm finished - finally - with all my bathroom work. Faux painted the walls, laid a ton of tile, made two vanities each with numerous partitioned drawers, made a makeup table for 'her",also a stool,...
9
9

Who needs a nail gun
When you've got skills
14
14

The Maker
This is the simple story of one man's enduring passion. I hope you can take a couple minutes to watch it and if you're feeling particularly generous, to share it with friends. But more than anything,...
5
5

the answer to foggy or dusty masks
on hf i found a mask that uses a mesh instead of plastic seems so simple and it is cheap it will breathe better and the dust will not collect like it does on plastic and it cannot get scratched up...
8
8

New Project!
I am going to draw this up in Sketchup and I would like for Swingman to build it! Get the audio track "Marble Machine" by Wintergatan: https://wintergatan.bandcamp.com/track/marble-machine Marble...
9
9

Re-covering a melamine desk
I have a Question that no websites seem to be able to answer. recently I bo ught a new desk and didn't like the colour, I sanded and repainted the draw ers but the actual desktop will be subjected to...
12
12

Moving the shop to the basement
We're giving up the house and moving to a condo. This means moving my shop from my 3-car garage to the basement. As I have a bit of COPD, I need to be more careful of dust and solvents. The three open...
19
19

2x4 clamps
never tried these but like the idea but a little but pricey would come in handy from time to time for a big project that needs clamping then when you are done you can use the 2 bys for something else
9
9

OT Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 15.x
I am using this version to view files and I would imagine a majority of my customers may be doing so too. I am having an issue with all of the documents that this program views, the contents are...
22
22

Soft close hinge question
I have a client that wants a wall of garage cabinets. There will be 2 doors that will each be 21" wide and 90" tall. Additionally there will be 6 doors that will be 18" by 25" tall. With that in mind...
38
38