OT Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 15.x

I am using this version to view files and I would imagine a majority of my customers may be doing so too.

I am having an issue with all of the documents that this program views, the contents are greyed out so to speak.

Is there a setting to make this look like normal?

Reply to
Leon

Are you running it in protected view mode?

Edit/preferences/protected view

They have greatly enhanced their security features, I have mine set to protected view on startup only, just in case.

There is a help button at the bottom of the page that will show you what happens in that mode.

Reply to
OFWW

I have the following, which is good for creating, viewing and editing but there's a wrinkle with printing that I haven't yet sorted out.

Graham

Reply to
graham

What is the wrinkle in printing?

I have been using PDFCreator for years maybe I can help.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

I'm not sure but I tried printing a pdf the other day and the paper was blank. I haven't searched the settings yet to see what I was doing wrong. The pdf was of something I generated.

Reply to
graham

The thing that I do to cause something like that is highlight a couple of characters, when I print I print those highlighted characters not the document.

There is another way a blank document can be created. If for some reason if there is an error when the text is formatted to be placed into the PDF document, the document can be created without the text.

Lastly I have been know to print a couple of blank pages before what I want to print is printed. When I scroll down my intended document is there just not on the first page.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

Thanks!! I'll watch out for the that last point! Graham

Reply to
graham

The problem with that program is that my customers may not have it, most use Acrobat.

Reply to
Leon

Are you using the same version that I am? I don't see protected view under preferences.

Reply to
Leon

Mine says AC Reader DC (15.010.20059) No updates available.

Edit/preferences Preferences is at the bottom of the option. (Ctrl-K)

Then I have selected Security (Enhanced) at the bottom of that screen are three options What is Protected View, What is Enhanced Security and What are privileged locations.

Reply to
OFWW

I had similar problems, it really ticked me off, Readers security is not allowing certain programs to write pdf's that it can read. MS Office being one of them. I haven't yet gone to MS to see why, it is supposed to be an open format.

Reply to
OFWW

Well now I am starting to feel kind'a dense. Same version but when I click on Edit/Preferences I get a ..... AH! Security is the in between step that I needed to click. You did not mention that and I often can't put 2 and 2 together.

But anyway, that did not fix it. Oddly colored files seem fine and if I zoom in on B&W drawings the lines get darker, they seem to go from grey to black.

Reply to
Leon

;~) then you might want to try BullZip for creating PDF files. I have been using this program for 10+ years with never an issue.

Reply to
Leon

I don't know, but I went to a new server we built and did not like the latest version of acrobat. it is wierd.

Reply to
woodchucker

I found a setting in Sketchup Print that I had to change and the PDF files are remarkably better.

In the past UltraHigh under Print Quality worked just fine.

With the latest version of Acrobat it is much better with the box checked on Use High Accuracy HLR

Odd that this has become an issue with the latest version.

Reply to
Leon

Adobe Version 2015.010.20059

It is in Preferences Security (Enhanced) at the top of the page. There is a check box for Enable Protected Mode at Startup and the there is a check box to turn of the protected view.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

The program produces PDFs so Acrobat will read them. Graham

Reply to
graham

It *is* a PDF writer, and a very good one. I've used it for over a decade. Indeed, it's much better than Acrobat Writer (which I'm forced to use at work).

Reply to
krw

I also use Software995 which has a very good stitching program that I use to put reports together from several PDF files. Graham

Reply to
graham

Found it but that did not good for me. I had to change a long time used setting in Sketchup to get black lines instead of grey lines in the latest Acrobat reader.

Reply to
Leon