Tonight's Property Ladder, Channel 4

Page 16 of 16
al wrote:

Not uncommon. Thse handbags pack a punch.

Oh yes, them too.

40 a head for nosh? get back to London mate.

Cow shit on your doorstep?

I can lie in bed in my London pad and not hear cars. It is in a court yard type of place with well sealed windows. Not a sound!

I have herbs shops nearby.

I can sit in my London pad and not see soul too.

In London I don't need a car to leave unlocked.

I can get to them in a matter of minutes.

Same here.

You're young, yes?
MM
G&M wrote:

But by moving jobs out of London, demand would drop and prices would be far nearer the amount people with real jobs could afford.

When the terrorists make London uninhabitable for 1,000 years....
MM
It is hard to be certain, but I'd say that the bloke's assertion that they had had an offer of 500k was a simple lie. Surely no-one was surprised when it turned out they had "turned this offer down".
One reason I draw this conclusion is that we have already seen on the "Justine and Colleen Million Pound Property Experiment" that there is a stamp duty discontinuity in pricing around there. If the blustering oaf had claimed to have had an offer at "a penny under 500k" it would have been more plausible, but as he was keeping all the figures in his head maybe that 1p got lost in the wide open spaces in there. This issue means they are also insane to hold out for higher offer as the next price range is around 575k.
I was intrigued by the nasal strangulated voice of the red-haired harridan - was she English ?
Many Thanks,
Ted Woodley