Solution for Bathroom extractor????

Hi, after everyone's amazing help with a earlier two way switch problem I now have another unrelated problem.

Having fitted a Bathroom extractor/light in a renovation project, I have a problem (Noticed before it was fitted I may add, only just...) The fitting of the fan went fine (Apart from the fact that the fan itself only turns very slowly, like the motor has burned out, but I have another to test) Anyhow this isn't the problem the problem is that there is no way through the loft to an external wall/or facia boards, as the house doesn't have any (Facia boards that is not external walls). I have number of solutions:

1) Solution 1 is to run a flat pipe in the void between the ceiling and flat roof to the external wall(Not really what I want to do)

2) Drop the extractor pipe through the ceiling near the external wall and run it through the wall,then box it in (Again not really what I want to do)

3) 3rd option is to run the pipe through the roof and have some kind of vent by the roof tiles, again not what I want to do but the best of three worst options.

So my question is can I get something that I can fit in place of a roof tile and attach the extractor pipe to. Thanks John

Reply to
John Borman

Yes there are various types readily available, depending on what tiles/roof you have already really - in option 3 you say 'roof tiles' but in option 1 you mention 'flat roof' so I'm not sure what! I've seen links posted to manufacturers' sites in this newsgroup, so have a google.

Having said that, I'd avoid it if I were you... it's never the best idea to make unecssary holes in the roof, as you're always going to create a weak point which will leak in time. Hole in the wall solution is a much better bet if you can achieve it.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Reply to
John Borman

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:54:28 -0000, "John Borman" strung together this:

Er, yes. Oddly enough a roof tile vent. Google fro one, or ask at your local builders merchants.

Reply to
Lurch

Just been looking on Screwfix and saw the end ventilation slate that they have but the only cap I can see is the Air Admittance valve, which I presume wont allow air out which is what I want. Any ideas on a end cap to prevent water and wind blowing back down the pipe, also how should I position the pipe, vertical or at some other angle?

Reply to
John Borman

Try this site for info -

Tom