Choosing a back vented Combi Boiler with reasonable efficiency

Hi,

I'm looking to have a boiler replaced that's rather aged. To minimize cost/disruption I'd like to source a roughly like-for-like rear vented (co- axial) boiler, so it roughly slots into the current boilers location. Flow rate should be high as poss on demand, not stored.

Glow-worm make a combi (35CI) that fits the bill but the efficiency is a bit crap compared to others. Radiant make a nice boiler (RSF30) but not back vented which means lowering pipes and a new hole etc. Documentation on manufacturers websites is poor.

Not interested in condensers as longterm reliability is a bit crap.

Any make/model suggestions?

Many Thanks

Jimbob

p.s. first person to mention corgi/certified gets a slap, I know :) ta. p.p.s have been to

but it doesnt tell me venting options.

Reply to
Jimbob

The Glow Worm Condenser 30CXI is well thought out and uses stainless steel heat exchanger. The ones I've installed have been no trouble. I can't see there will be any problems in going up to the 35

Reply to
John

And have a look at

for good prices on the Glow-Worm condensers (I've just fitted one that I purchased through this scheme, and have been very happy with it so far).

Alex

Reply to
Alex (YMG)

"Alex \(YMG\)" wrote in news:hADBd.338$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net:

Thanks for the feedback - Unfortunately not a rear flued boiler - which means a new hole in the wall. Nice cheap prices though, relatively. It's a bit harder to justify not getting a condenser when they cost less =) Just a little concerned about the longer-term costs of reliability, parts & servicing over a standard combi..

Cheers Jimbob

Reply to
Jimbob