Decomissioning Back Boiler / Filling with Sand

Hallo,

can anyone here give me some advice how to decomisson a Dunsley Bac Boiler. I want to put in a Combi Boiler and still use the open Fires. I'm gratefull for any advice. Regard´s, Erec

-- tfc715

Reply to
tfc715

Hallo,

can anyone here give me some advice how to decomisson a Dunsley Bac Boiler. I want to put in a Combi Boiler and still use the open Fires. I'm gratefull for any advice. Regard´s, Erec

-- tfc715

Reply to
tfc715

Get rid of it altogether?

Only take a few minutes honest. ;-)

Fireplace01

Fireplace11

etc.

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

You can use both the back boiler and the combi to run your heating, I have this in one house - works OK - but not brilliant.

I also have a "log burner with back boiler", but there is no water in the back boiler & no pipes, so it simply works as a fire.

What you could do, is simply cut the bottom pipe into the back boiler & drain out all the water. There is a bit more too it than this, like capping pipes, draing the system down etc, but you get the idea.

One thing, I would not seal the pipe ends on unused the back boilder, else when you heat the air will expand, and you may have made a bomb...

Rick

Reply to
Rick