Quiet central heating boiler

Our old conventional boiler is on its last legs and needs to be replaced soon. It's pretty quiet though when it works, and I don't want a new boiler making a lot of noise. I've noticed that all conventional boilers now seem to have a fan and I'm concerned about the noise it will create. Can anyone give any advice? A friend has a condensing boiler, which seems to have a variable fan speed, which might help. Does anyone know of a conventional boiler with a variable fan? We're not considering a combi as I've never come across one that doesn't make a lot of noise.

Thanks for the help

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Why is this such an issue is it to be put in your bedroom?

The boiler I try to get my customers to use is quite quiet. So are man others I don't know about and some I do. Fully modulating condensin boilers tend to blow at the rate the burn. Combis aren't any noisie than the regular boilers of today as far as I have noticed.. It;'s no really a problem with quality boilers. Buy cheap buy twice

-- Paul Barker

Reply to
Paul Barker

The 3 different combis I've fitted have all been fairly quiet, inside the property. Outside you do notice the fan noise, so if the flue is near your open bedroom window...

Reply to
Old Bill

Of course the fan noise will get worse over time and fans ar rediculously over priced, considering the motor is the same as washing machine pump motor which costs a 10th of the price. That meta cowling which makes it specific to your boiler must be costing th manufacturers about 90 quid. I'd better forget training fo part p, giv up my corgi (like a few of my mates are due to all these regulations and become a sheet metal workier. That's clearly where the money is mak cowlings for a standard fan m,otor and increase it's value fro fiver to a ton

-- Paul Barker

Reply to
Paul Barker

It's not that it's going in a bedroom, and fortunately the flue is on the other side of the house. The problem is I have tinnitus and very sensitive hearing. Our present (very old) boiler is also very quiet and I like it! Is it possible to buy a conventional boiler without a fanned flue anymore?

Cheers

Paul

Reply to
Paul