Extractor fan

I realise building regulations state new bathrooms must have an extractor fan but is there any regulation that states it must exit to the outside. I was helping friend store stuff in his loft and although there is an extractor fan it just appears to exit into the loft area, surely this could cause issues?
SS wrote:

It is better than nothing, but its not ideal as it can cause damp issues unless the roof is very very well ventilated.
Modern rooves are..

It would be better to have a flexible duct from the fan through the loft to some sort of exit through the tiles or the soffits - possibly a ridge ventilator.
--
Frank Erskine

On 28/06/2011 21:27, SS wrote:

Its implied if not explicit!

yup, this is a very bad idea for all sorts of reasons. It needs ducting outside by some means or other.
--
Cheers,

John.

Thanks for the replies its as I thought, I will pass on info as I am not going to rake about the loft insulation, hate the stuff.