Screwfix

Is Screwfix OK to order from now?

A few months I remember discussions as to whether they were about to go under.

sponix

Reply to
--s-p-o-n-i-x--

Yes.

This was conjecture and the problem was simply that they had moved their warehouse and underestimated the difficulty of recruiting sentient staff at their new location.

They took their web site off line until they were in a position to provide proper customer service.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Screwfix are fine, their carriers are crap. My latest saga is parcelforce refusing to deliver to my house. cause they can't turn their van and have to reverse 1/2 mile back up the driveway.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Yup

Seems a long way to go to trade though. :-)

Reply to
ben

I've placed several orders in recent months - and they seem ok. The only trouble I've had was that one consignment was a day late arriving because the ParcelFarce idiot claimed he couldn't find the house in which I've lived for nearly 30 years!

Reply to
Set Square

How would you living there for 30 years help him find it ? ;-)

Reply to
Séan Connolly

Perhaps I could have expressed it better! The point is that the house has been here for all of that time - and more - with the same address and same postcode - so it's not as if we're not well documented!

My guess is that he simply overlooked my parcel when in my area - and then had to give the computer back at base some lame excuse for not having delivered it.

Reply to
Set Square

My house is names on the OS 1:50000 map, they still can't find it.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Ah, but calling your house "right of way" probably causes confusion...

;)

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Or as the English find in Wales, all roads lead to "Llwybr Cyhoeddus" but somehow you never get there.

Reply to
Ian White

No, all roads lead away from "Llwybr Cyhoeddus", its just that most people travel along them in the wrong direction.

Reply to
Richard Conway

I was given to understand that this was a method of contraception, but it seems not....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes, but then crossing from Austria into Germany on the autobahn, it took me about 10 junctions to realise that Ausfahrt (sp?) wasn't the biggest city in Europe that I'd never heard of.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

In Norway they have Fartrestriktors, aka sleeping policemen.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Sounds painful - I prefer to use a cork!

Reply to
Set Square

LOL!

They cant drive anyway, the last parcel firm to call with me's van looked like it had come to me via an angry car crusher than had done half a job before the van escaped..!!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

When my in-laws came to visit us in Germany I told them to take the Ausfahrt exit from the motorway and look for Einbahnstrasse.

Reply to
Bob Martin

That's cruel. I have heard Americans ask a taxi driver to take them to the same place....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Oooh there's posh, a ½ mile drive

Reply to