Screwfix - phantom order

Has anyone ever seen a rogue order appear on their order history with Screwfix?

I was on the site yesterday looking at something I'd ordered a while ago and noticed an order from 9 September marked cancelled. Even stranger it as marked at "pickup" from the trade counter (the one quite close to me as it happens). I've never used the trade counter, and I certainly didn't submit this order (nor did I cancel it!).

I emailed Screwfix and they apologised, saying they had no records of who submitted the order and guessed they "got the postcode mixed up".

My first thought was possible fraud - as I used to store my credit card details on the site. I've now deleted all my credit card details and changed my password!

Reply to
Piers Finlayson

Dang! if thats not the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Wow!

That must be a really stupid thing then.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer