Screwfix - innit clever.

I've bought quite a lot from Screwfix over the years & I find the "all your purchases" feature on their web site really useful when I re order.

I can never remember exactly what sizes etc.

Only just noticed that it adds stuff I buy at the local trade counter to the list.

Now that is even more useful.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It would be even more useful if you could order on the site and collect from the local trade counter with the central site knowing what the trade counter has, generating a pick list and the goods being ready when you arrive.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Have you emailed them to suggest this?

Reply to
Mogga

Agree - just that would be a leap forward.

Reply to
dom

In message , Andy Hall writes

They abandoned the phone-and-collect service because of too many no-shows. I like the idea of doing it via the website because if you failed to collect they'd still have your money. Perhaps if they'd made the phone-and-collect prepaid it would have worked.

I once reserved (or so I thought) some stuff from PC World online for collection in-store (it's cheaper that way). After I had waited for 20 minutes in the collections/returns/problems queue, the person who served me had no idea about any reserved order. All she did was take them off the shelves in the shop! Next time I did the same, ignoring the queues, and just showed the cashier the printout.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

They were doing a survey a while back and I suggested much thae same thing. Along with being able to pay off my account by direct debit instead of having to do a manual BACS each month, and perhaps one or two other ideas. None of which they've shown any signs of doing yet.

Still at least the wibble doesn't keep logging you out like toolstations, and has a reasonably good wishlist facility. And don't even mention Pulsar's and BES's websites

Reply to
John Stumbles

Yes. I didn't receive a reply. I don't use their trade counters any longer.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes, for items like that it should be prepay. For example, that's how RS operates. You can select pickup/delivery arrangement in the ordering system, then as you go through selecting items can tell whether they are in stock. Often there is a near alternative, so with choice, one can get a 100% hit most times. I don't often need to use RS pickup service, but if there's an urgent item then it makes sense to add non urgent if making a visit.

Where you have items such as Screwfix sells, there are often lots of small items to be picked, and there is a cost to restock if the customer doesn't show.

I always do that. PCWorld is part of DSG and therefore deserves to have extra work to fill their day.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Isn't PCWorld even plebbier than Argos?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

They had a pile of business cards last time I went in with an 01634 phone number so you can call the trade counter direct for a stock check.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Same in the Leeds branch 0113 number on the card, I asked if I could "check stock" and was told this wouldn't be a problem. BTW how long does it take for the trade counter orders to appear on your order history? I have been 4 times now in the last 5 weeks and none show on my account history online.

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

The items I bought on Friday were on the list on Saturday. I did write my customer number on the form, don't know if that makes a difference.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Me too but nothing on my history. I'll ask next time I'm in there.

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

I've just checked my account and the stuff I bought locally does appear but not the actual date when you bought them . I don't usually put my account number on the ordering slip but I do put my house number and postcode so that finds my details on the Screwfix Computer instore

Reply to
Stuart B

`In the same range, but one can at least look through the pile of goods before buying and eliminate the returned items.

Even so, still only useful for a distress purchase on a Sunday afternoon.

Reply to
Andy Hall