Which saw is best?

I've been reading the classified ads for used saws. I've seen a variety advertised and just can't make up my mind which one would be best.

The selections are: Ban saw Arm saw Arm saw, radial Radeo arm saw with DATO Radial saw

I'm thinking the DATO would be nice to have. Can I use it on a Ban saw?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Dear Ed,

Don't forget the venerable Radio Alarm Saw.

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

You sure can just duck tape it on and stand back.

Reply to
Ray

Are you "from" Poland or just "in" Poland?

Reply to
AArDvarK

todd

Reply to
todd

It would be nice, if not nearly as amusing, if the classified order takers had some basic idea about what you were talking about when you dictate the ad.

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

had some basic idea about what you were talking about

What gets me it that the same error is repeated in a local paper week, after week, after week with different ads. Stuff happens, but at some point you'd think it would be noticed. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

SWMBO once saw an ad for a horse that said "nose is stuffed". It took us a little while to figure out that the person taking the ad had misunderstood "knows his stuff".

Doug Miller

Reading argain News again??

Reply to
RKON

Sticky Keys.. My kids have been at the computer.

I meant to say: Reading Bargain News again??

Reply to
RKON

Have you been reading the "Bargain News"?

I've noticed they also list traylors, plainers, etc...

A lot of stuff not listed for sale anywhere else can be found in that paper / web site!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

In this case it is mostly "The Reminder", an east of the river shoppers rag.

I'm going to buy a plainer to simplify my life. But isn't a traylor the guy that fixes your pants? Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Is that the paper that has a column where people can bitch into an answering machine and it gets printed?

If it is, I used to read it when I worked in East Hartford. That column was pretty funny at times.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

That is the main reason for reading it; you can always get a good laugh.

Every week in the Machinery/saws column there are half a dozen Shopsmiths, Craftsman table saws, and a couple arm saws and ban saws. I've yet to find a bargain, but I figure sooner or later some widow will want to get rid of her husband's Unisaw for $20 bucks and I'll grab it. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Same reason that I look at the New Britain paper. Some old widow looking to clear out an inventory of planes(Stanleys or some Baileys).

On another note it is depressing when you drive through NB and reflect back on those Stanley commercials of Hometown Pride of NB, Ct. There is absolutely nothing left. Well, almost.

... Jeez, I hope they are not a causalty of the move it over seas war.

Rich

Reply to
RKON

Ed Pawlowski notes:

Especially by the clown who placed the ad. It's a bit of a stretch to expect an

18 or 19 year old typist to know the ins and outs of every major hobby in the US or Canada. But you would think that someone who places an ad and pays for it would be motivated to make sure the copy is somewhere close to correct.

Charlie Self "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right." Thomas Paine

Reply to
Charlie Self

On 25 Apr 2004 23:20:50 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) brought forth from the murky depths:

I once (in another life in LoCal) had a drone from the Pennysaver call me about a properly written and edited ad in the local paper. He wanted me to put it in the Pennysaver, too. I bit, he did it, and I called him and tore him a new a**hole the day it came out. First off, he put it in the wrong cities. Second, they retyped it so my ad then said "computer softwear tutoring".

It's one thing to screw up, but to do so with a perfectly good copy of the ad right in front of him is downright BRAINDEAD. They lost a customer for life with that one, even though they ran it in the correct cities for double the time I paid for.

4 years of business reputation killed in one instant by a FIDIOT...

Do papers even HAVE editors any more?

----------------------------------------------------------------------- A PSYCHOLOGIST looks at everyone -else- ||

an attractive woman enters the room. || Full Website Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Some do, most don't. But no editor reviews the classified ads or other ads. And a Pennysaver is not a newspaper.

Charlie Self "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right." Thomas Paine

Reply to
Charlie Self
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Ed Pawlowski responds:

Yeah, well...how do you motivate a person who spent a dozen years or more in school and never learned to spell simple words, who didn't learn the difference between possessives and plurals in even the most fundamental terms (without the complexity of its and it's, their and they're)? I've seen people who are supposedly businessmen and women who have advanced degrees who can't do that, so how do we effectively chastise someone who gets minimum wage for doing the same thing the supposedly educated person making 80 or 100 grand does?

You're right, of course. It just doesn't seem to work that way, at least with any frequency.

Charlie Self "Wars spring from unseen and generally insignificant causes, the first outbreak being often but an explosion of anger." Thucydides

Reply to
Charlie Self