Paint Probs

Hi all

I have painted two doors with Dulux Exterior Gloss and the finish is terrible. Loads of little specks of undercoat showing through in a sort of orange peel effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

mark b

Reply to
mark b

Can you post pictures?

Also, it might be an idea to state the exact preparation and sequence you went through. Was it new wood, old wood, previously coated? Was it sanded or planed? What types of primers, undercoats and gloss were used? Acrylic or alkyd/solvent? Was it raining? What was the temperature? What species of wood? Did you rub down between coats? etc.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

You DO mean 'can you put pictures up on a website, and post the URL', don't you? This isn't a binary group.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Indeed. I should have been more explicit, it not having crossed my mind that anyone would attempt to actually post pictures on Usenet (except on binary groups that are never propagated anyway, so it isn't worth bothering).

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I'm glad you precipitated the Viemaster wrath and not me :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher