Removing gloss paint from brickwork?

Is there a simple/quick way of removing dried oil-based gloss paint form brickwork?

Cowboys have made a right pigs-ear of the exterior painting. (Yes, I should have d-i-m!) Would Nitromors and a power spray work or would that make too much mess?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
The Void

For small bits Nitromors would probably work, but it's nasty messy stuff and you wouldn't want it anywhere near any paintwork or plastic (e.g. pipes, upvc windows).

Reply to
Mike Harrison

I managed to remove some unsightly splashes, made long ago by a clumsy previous owner, by burning it off with a gas blowlamp! It rapidly burned the paint into a black residue that easily brushed or washed off, and didn't affect the bricks in any way.

Why not try it on one or two areas, to see if it works? Obviously, you will need to shield any nearby paintwork etc..

HTH

Rick

Reply to
Richard Sterry

That worked for me too... but the same method didn't work for my ivy root residues, nearly set fire to the cladding trying :-)

Reply to
BillV