Paint Probs.

Hi all

I have painted two doors with Dulux Exterior Gloss and the finish is terrible. Loads of little specks of undercoat showing through in a sort of orange peel effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

mark b

Reply to
mark b

another coat?

Reply to
N. Thornton

Sounds like contamination - has something been sprayed on or near the doors after the undercoat was applied (e.g. silicone spray?). Or maybe the contaminant was underneath the undercoat and the orange peel was less noticeable with the undercoat?

Reply to
Biggles

I reckon so too. The quickest solution is just to keep painting though: one or two extra coats normally covers such problems ok. In future if the surface has muck or grease on it, clean it first, preferably with sugar soap.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton