emulsion paint (matt) finish

Hi,

I've just painted a couple of bedrooms using a roller, and am not happy with the finish.

The finish has come out egg-shell, rather than smooth.

I did clean with sugar soap and sand down first.

The paint is Dulux matt magnolia. I did not dilute.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

JohnBoy

Reply to
JohnBoy

Thin 10-15% with water, use a short pile roller. Be prepared to put more coats on than it says on the tin. Thinned paint seems to dry more quickly, so by the time you've got round the room, you can start putting another coat on.

Biggles Remove packaging to e-mail me Biggles

Reply to
Biggles

Use Farrow and Ball paint, and get the mattest thickest most pigmented paint layer you have ever seen.

It really actually does live up to its reputation. Even applied with a roller.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What reputation is that, for being the most outrageously expensive?

Reply to
Tony Hogarty