zanussi washing machine

Hi The timer knob on my zanussi washing machine is knackered I thought it was just a case of screwing the top off and removing the knob to replace it but there is two funny shaped screws that hold it on and I was wondering if I can get a tool to take them off.... Thanks from Eddie in Glasgow

Reply to
eddie

yes of course. I guess you'll need a funny shaped tool, which one depends on which kind of screw head it is.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

if its like my zanussi washer, they are security torx type and places like rs components sell them. i just picked a set up from cpc at a good price as i was ordering a load of other stuff.

larry

Reply to
larry

Security torx screws usually have a pin in the middle of the head - requiring a special bit with a hole in the middle to fit over the pin. I have often found that these pins can easily be snapped off - enabling an ordinary torx bit to be used.

Reply to
Set Square