Self levelling screed

Can anyone recommend a self levelling screed. I want one that actuall

works and is easy to apply on afloor that is about 1.5 inches out fro top to bottom. Any experience of these out there

-- Hands On

Reply to
Hands On

self levelling screed is really only any for for les than 5mm. You will need to screed the floor with sand a cement and then add the self levelling latex.

Reply to
Space_Cowby

They are neither self levelling nor easy to apply. Thats my experience :-)

I used an Ardex one, and it was better than most.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Dead right; far too much height difference for SLC; it would cost you an arm and a leg and wouldn't work properly.

Latex-based compounds are mentioned above - note that this is the most expensive type of SLC, but in my experience it's easier to use and sticks better to the substrate than the 'normal' stuff. You pays yer money and yer takes yer choice.

David

Reply to
Lobster

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 00:51:41 +0000, Hands On strung together this:

You won't get a self levelling screed for that depth. You need to get it somewhere nearish (5-10mm usually) before using the self leveller. Apply a sand and cement screed to the way out areas first.

Reply to
Lurch

As others have already said, SLS is only really viable in thin layers; use a regular grit/cement screed to correct most of the problem. If you decide to use it as a finish layer remember to use PVA first, this gives you more time to work the SLS.

Reply to
Dave

actually

You should be able to lay a thin screed of about 1.25 inches without it cracking (use some PVA). Plenty of articles in this news group on this.

Then lay a self "smoothing" screed for the final quarter of an inch. Charlie

Reply to
Charlie