Magic Chef washing machine is leaking!

This is model number W206KW 20lb. Heavy Duty top-loading washer. Water seems to be leaking from the front of the machine. How can I open this to check it out? Any ideas on what it could be?

TIA

Reply to
bird_222

Seriuosly, junk that POS and buy a new one if you can.

They are cheaply made, buy a Maytag/KitchenAid/SpeedQueen.

~kjpro~

Reply to
~KJPRO~

Let's say I can't. How can I check it out?

Reply to
bird_222

Hi,

The older MCF's had two screws on the bottom front panel, but yours uses clips. Push a stiff putty knife into the gap between the cabinet and top, about 2 inches in from either side, and pop the top up.

From memory, I believe you'll see two screws that hold the top of the front panel onto the front crossbrace. After removing those, the front should swing forward and lift off the bottom clips.

Pump leaks are pretty common on these, but be careful about investing much $ into this machine. Pump is # 21001906, runs around $40.

Hope that's of some help.

God bless,

Dave Harnish Dave's Repair Service New Albany, PA

snipped-for-privacy@sosbbs.com

570-363-2404

Free home appliance tips from a 32-year pro repair technician! Get your monthly email newsletter here: (Back issues now posted too!)

John 3:3

Reply to
Dave Harnish

Well it appears that the 'clamshell' water inlet had come apart and was letting water ricochet off of it onto the back wall of the washing machine. It only did this when using warm water because the force of the water coming in is greatest when its on warm. One other thing that I did notice was that the tub was slightly rotated around where the bleach spout wasn't aligned properly. Is there anyway to secure this?

Reply to
bird_222

replying to bird_222, Bibi88 wrote: Did u ever figure this out? I am having same issue.

Reply to
Bibi88

How sad ! 13 years ago bird_222 died after being electrocuted while standing in water from his leaking washing machine.

Reply to
catalpa

Magic Chef is a stove. He should not be putting laundry in the oven as it will leak when you add water.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yes but, bib88 was asking now.

Reply to
Art Todesco

What if I want poached eggs?

Reply to
micky

Yeah, right. Asking a person that posted 13 years ago and is dead.

Reply to
catalpa