Paint rollers

Is it very important what kind of roller is used for different paints? I'm about to paint a previously rendered and painted outside wall with Dulux Weathershield brilliant white. The paint is fairly thick, not runny, but thins on stirring (the rheological term is thixotropic, or shear-thinning). I have a couple of rollers that I would describe as short fleece, i.e. not long and woolly, and not sponge.

Will the rollers be OK? I'm not looking for an absolutely perfect finish.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Too late! All done. What I had seemed to be OK.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Well, I'd hope you made sure that the paint applied over is well adhered, and that you did it in the dry. The danger time will be in a few months to 2 years time when you will find the house has an outbreak of dandruff, otherwise. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa