Which paint for a plywood garage

Hi everyone I have a timber framed single skin plywood garage which I'm turning into an art studio. It's weather proof with good ventilation on a concrete base. The outside of the garage will be painted in ducks back paint, and I want to paint the inside white so that it's as light filled as possible. Should I use a fence/ shed paint or would white emulsion be ok? I'm concerned about possible mould mildew which I'm told could occur with emulsion? Your advice would be very welcome ?

Reply to
Skylark64

Inside? I'd have said that white emulsion is as good as anything.

Reply to
newshound

You could try 'Ranch Paint', it is microporous and I've never known it peel etc. When we had houses with painted exterior wood (windows, soffits, facias...) I used nothing but.

It isn't cheap but I would imagine it will last 'forever' inside, it lasted years outside.

I used International Ranch Paint. It has a 'silk' or semi gloss finish. No primer/undercoat on bare wood, just a couple of coats.

Reply to
Brian Reay

I would very much expect condensation & mould with single skin. Adding a li ttle copper sulphate, borax or aspirin to paint can majorly help with that. Emulsion would work, OTOH household gloss would be a lot more cleanable. O TOH you'd need to ventilate well for a while after applying it, and during.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I'd be tempted to use backing paper to line it first.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Can't disagree either about ranch paint or gloss. Gloss might benefit from a primer/undercoat. IME modern vinyl silk is pretty easy to clean. A lot depends on what sort of "art". With emulsion, easy enough to wash it over and add another coat if it gets tatty. From "single skin" I was assuming it's a fairly low tech requirement.

Reply to
newshound

made me wonder if the paint needed to be frost-resistant ;)

Reply to
Robin

a little copper sulphate, borax or aspirin to paint can majorly help with t hat. Emulsion would work, OTOH household gloss would be a lot more cleanabl e. OTOH you'd need to ventilate well for a while after applying it, and dur ing.

ranch paint? art?

Reply to
tabbypurr