Dulux paint

My son recently painted a number of rooms in his house with Dulux white gloss, which has now gone yellowish and will need to be repainted. I understand that this is a recent and common problem with Dulux gloss.

Anyone else here had a similar problem and, if so, successfully complained to Dulux about their paint not being 'fit for the purpose...', etc?

Reply to
Farmer Giles

My son recently painted a number of rooms in his house with Dulux white gloss, which has now gone yellowish and will need to be repainted. I understand that this is a recent and common problem with Dulux gloss.

Anyone else here had a similar problem and, if so, successfully complained to Dulux about their paint not being 'fit for the purpose...', etc?

is he on 50 a day?

-- "Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people." - W.C. Fields

Reply to
housetrained

I was told there was a man on here with a witty sense of humour. I wonder what's happened to him.

Reply to
Farmer Giles

Well, I remember overhearing a conversation in a local B/Q. customer. This says white gloss, is that brilliant white or just white. Shop assistant studdies tin. Hmm, well sir why not buy a brand that does say Briliant on it? Customer, so you don't know then? Well, actually, this packaging is new, I'm sure it used to say Briliant... so one just has to wonder here if there is in fact some paint that is just white but dries less than brilliant white?

I was not able to find out the brands involved.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

This sheds some light on the matter: