Lidl tools

Not my fault you moved to the back of beyond.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Dave Plowman (News)

Smiley was in there somewhere... :-)

Reply to
John Weston

I find making them without a pan, they tend to fall down the gaps between the electric rings

That'll be a Scotch pancake :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Or a Hinari can opener for £7. So where are you, Eric? My Netto store is 3 miles away. Don't like it much - as older, non-grocery goods are always misplaced, topsy-turvy after rummaging, and carelessly unpriced.

Reply to
Jim Gregory

So why go there?

Reply to
Andy Hall

bags are back!

These are great. Good thick flexible vinyl with an airtight ziplock. use them with a vac-u-vin stopper and they're just the job for vacuum laminated woodwork. I've been waiting to get some more.

And mallet testers too

Andy Dingley

So how do you suck these?

It's wonderful, though. The co-ordination between seat cushion, table cloth, napkins, placemats, oven gloves and apron fall short only on the bin bags in which to pack these items for disposal at the tip with the Burberry products.

Reply to
Andy Hall

They are disposable too, if my experience of the chargers of that class of goods is anything to go by.

So say you bought 3 of them so you can get 4 hours continuous use out of one of them and the chargers all failed one at a time, you'd have about 4 1/2 hours use for all your effort. And be stuck with 3 drills to find a corner for.

Of course if you could rebuild the batteries and make yourself a charger... Could you plug one into an old 150 watt pc power supply if it had a cut out on it I wonder? Plenty of them around at one time.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I find a handy item for these is a temperature alarm. You set an alarm for +2C over room temperature, and stick a pan-scouring sponge (or something) over it, with a weight on it. Then just turn it off when it beeps.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

The vac-u-vin stopper is opne of those rubber wine bottle storage corks (bizarre, I know). With the supplied plastic handpump you can get down to about 1/4 atmosphere.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

You're talking sh*te man, the brother in-law has one, these drills where on sale last year at £19.99 he's been using it for over 6 months and informs me its still working and charging. However its not my cup of tea but it will suffice the general joe public.

The thing with Aldi,Lidl,Netto they resell their products each year till stocks are exhausted at a further reduced price from the previous year.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Hmm... veneering press for small pieces?

Reply to
Andy Hall

How like a man :-)

Only if it's full of fat.

With a little lateral thinking the fat can be poured out and the pancake made on the bottom, as is normally done.

Still unhealthily calorific and high fat, especially with orangeand whisky sauce, or just golden syrup, but it's only once a year.

Well, perhaps twice ... or a few more ...

I love pancakes! And it shows :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

> Vacuum bags are back!

OK, Andy, I can't bear it any more - what's vacuum laminated woodwork and how do you use a vacuum bag in that context?

Reply to
Mary Fisher

>>> Vacuum bags are back!

More than you ever wanted to know at

Hence the application

Reply to
Andy Hall

I much prefer shopping at Aldi (open, clinically clean) or LiDL (tidy, busy) to our corn-Netto (so congested), but I have now seen another Netto that is better maintained. Pity our greedy, big supermarkets can't compete with -some- of their everyday prices or won't launch pre-announced, picked specials once or twice a week!.

Reply to
Jim Gregory

I have a set of these from a few years ago..they are good but as you say the handles are short.

They'll cut through small padlocks as-is. For larger ones I use two legths of steel tubing on the handles with no ill effects. The actual cutting part seems well made.

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

Yes, about a foot and a half from memory.

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

know about. It looks very American. I'd like to her about the Dingley method, he's always worth learning from.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher