Leisure Rangemaster 110 LPG conversion

Does anyone know what is involved in converting an 8 year old Leisure Rangemaster 110 cooker (elec. ovens, gas hob) to LPG (the hob, obviously, not the ovens). Does one require a kit, and is it likely to be available separately? I'm going to make enquiries of suppliers, but thought I'd ask here first, in case anyone has done this.

Regards Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

I have a pdf of the manual for a Rangemaster.It says in big letters that these cookers are supplied set for one gas or the other and cannot be converted.I can email you a copy if you wish.My email address is valid. Mark.

Reply to
mark

Hi Mark

I'd hazard a guess that your manual is for one with gas ovens - they definitely can't be converted. I rang the manufacturer this afternoon, and they told me that dual fuel (gas hob and elec ovens) cookers of this vintage can - they even gave me some jet part numbers. I've now got the serial number of the one I might be buying, so will double check with them tomorrow.

All the same, I'd be grateful for the pdf.

Regards Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

I've now spoken to Aga, who make Rangemaster, and got an answer, which I am posting here for the benefit of the archives.

The cooker is a Rangemaster 110, about 8 years old, dual fuel (ie gas hob, electric oven, griddle and hot plate). Serial number begins 5444. This information applies to this cooker, and not necessarily to any other.

Although there is no official conversion kit for the cooker I am talking about, the information I was given for the conversion is as follows:

Jets - P094628 (larger burners) - P080450 (smaller burners)

lift hot plate (4 screws). Inside middle of burner is a Phillips screw which holds a 10mm wide vertical clip. To run on LPG you move the clip completely over the whole (won't cover it) to restrict the air flow.

I am given to understand (from conversations elsewhere) that Rangemasters with *gas* ovens and griddles are built to run on either mains gas or LPG, and can not be converted. I have no authority for that, however.

Regards Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

I am looking to convert an old leisure rangemaster 110 to lpg .the jets seem very small ,and all the conversion kits I have bought which stated that they fit this cooker were too big ,can anyone help ? Where can I find the small jets? Thank you Hannah

Reply to
hannahskepper

Hi there I have a old rangemaster leisure 110 , I need help, can someone tel me how to get my cooker to become a LPG? what do I do ?

Reply to
eubanks97.db

Be very careful, comes to mind. One supposes there is a regulator involved and or changes in the burners. Be very careful as when a tank is almost running out one can create an explosive mixture which travels back along the pipe to the cylinder. Scary stuff. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

That is just wrong Brian. Millions of gas canisters are used worldwide and this just doesn?t happen. How is oxygen supposed to get into the cylinder to create an explosive mixture?

Tim

Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) snipped-for-privacy@bluey> Be very careful, comes to mind. One supposes there is a regulator involved

Reply to
Tim+

In message snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

First, you need cylinders (ideally two) outside the house, a changeover valve, a pipe from the cylinders to the cooker and new gas jets. Our

110 is electric ovens and gas hobs, and we paid a fitted to instal the valve, pipe and change the jets. Works well, and each cylinder seems to last at least a year.
Reply to
Graeme

Tell that to the millions of people in rural areas that use bottled gas. Every week there are thousands of explosions.

Reply to
alan_m

It is also fairly common where my friends live to use butane in 15kg blue canisters to power a hob rather than propane.

This option is often used when pipe runs from 45kg externally stored propane bottles is impractical. When butane is used the smaller bottles are often is sited close to the cooker/hob. As previously written, ideally you need two bottles as sods law will dictate that one will run out at the most inconvenient time.

I believe the jets are different to those required for propane but should be readily available from the cooker manufacturer.

My friends also have a regulator on the bottle.

If the OP is asking about supplying LPG from a bulk tank in the garden, rather than from bottles, and the hob was previously on a different gas then new jets are required.

Usual warnings about using a Gas Safe accredited technician to fit the system.

Reply to
alan_m

We have a similar one of these allegedly non convertible cookers. The first one was wrongly delivered as the natural gas option was supplied. Having installed a lot of gas hobs which invariably come with a set of conversion jets I contacted the manufacturers who adamantly refused to supply lpg jets claiming the burners to be entirely different. The cooker was returned and an lpg model duly delivered. Out of interest I examined it closely and apart from jets I was totally unable to detect any difference whatsoever between the two models. Make of that what you wish. Maybe you could obtain "spare" jets for an lpg version of the model you have via one of the spares organisations? At own risk of course.

Reply to
Cynic

In message snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com, Cynic snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

That all seems odd. We were lucky and obtained our Rangemaster 110 via Freecycle, with gas hob and electric oven. It came with a set of LPG jets for the hob. I phoned Rangemaster, who sent a pdf of the manual, which includes conversion to LPG involving little more than disconnecting the gas and electricity supplies and changing the jets.

We required a fitter to install pipework for the cylinders outside, to the cooker, and he also installed the jets, pressure tested etc.

Reply to
Graeme