LPG gas hob burner problem

Hi, Are there any gas appliance experts in this group? I have just replaced my old LPG gas hob for a shiny new NEFF one (T23S36N0GB/26) and the burners don't go much lower than full on when turned to minimum. All I have done is disconnect gas pipe from old hob, reconnect to new one, and change the jets to the LPG ones.

The installation manual says I need to adjust the gas bypass while the burner is at minimum and even includes a picture showing a slot-head screw situated below and to the side of the shaft under the knob. However all I can find down there is a cross-head screw which is extremely reluctant to turn. No sign of a slot-head.

Any ideas?

Regards, Toiler

Reply to
ken

Most gas pressure adjustment devices have a gas tight cover that has to be removed (unscrewed) to get at the actual adjusting screw (which is underneath).

When you put it back, check for leaks (with soapy water).

Also if you are on LPG, a different gas jet is needed on the burner to the natural gas one. Make sure it has in fact been fitted.

Reply to
harry

If the regulator is a sealed unit, the pressure should be correct. Are other devices working OK with the pressure?

It is not unknown for wrong jets to be supplied, it is also not unknown for the correct jets to be supplied - but the jets to not be drilled the correct size.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield