Biscuits

Where's the cheapest place for the Biscuit jointer biscuits?

Searching ebay brings up real biscuits. lol Didn't realise these things were so dear. :-(

Reply to
George

Really? I always feel they're dirt cheap.

dom

For what they are, its dear to me.

well it seems Screwme is the cheapest up to now,but it'll still cost me in petrol to get there.

Reply to
George

Ah sod it,they are only for making light wooden frames so...

Ive come up with an idea of cutting the recess then put the jointer on top of a piece of cardboard and cut the same recess to widen it a mm or so then use plywood biscuits made from some scrap plywood. :-)

Pity the blade wasn't the same thickness of plywood. :-(

Reply to
George

Missing the point you tight git :-)

Compressed beech biscuits swell when water based glue is used, thus locking the joint.

Use the propper ones!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Well MrMedway for centuries frame makers have used wooden wedges to lock a picture frames mitred joints together. ;-)

But I do know what the biscuits functionality is. :-P

Reply to
George

Begrudging 2 to 3p for a biscuit really rings of spoiling the boat for a ha'peth of tar.

Reply to
dom

Thats a ship.

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That's a sheep.

Reply to
Rod

Wrong question.

Buy Lamello.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Do you want something that works properly or something that's cheap?

I've used the unbranded ones in the past and they typically crumble in use or after storage, so you end up throwing most away. False economy.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Only if it's a Spanish one.

Reply to