It does not take the pikeys long does it?

I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

ARW

Round here the local paper reported that vans have been pulling up outside the charity shops when they are shut and taking stuff that people have left in the doorways for the next day. The shops are threatening that they will prosecute anyone who is caught - which could make for an interesting defence in court, as last year, the same shops were complaining about people leaving stuff in the doorways and were asking the council to do them for fly-tipping! I doubt that you could be successfully prosecuted for "stealing" fly-tipped rubbish.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

be retard Pikeys then... Round here if it's not gone in under 45 minutes it's either absolutely pissing down or night time.

Reply to
Nthkentman

In message , ARW writes

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In article , ARW writes

Reply to
fred

Yes.

Reply to
ARW

In message , ARW writes

Reply to
geoff

garden?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Define night time-)

Reply to
ARW

simple theft. Different story if you'd left at at the top of your out for rubbish collection or with a not for the scrapmetal men. Given their eyesight, a note on the cooker when they spotted it at the bottom of the garden would have been ok. Imagine you'd only left it out for the night, intending to re-use it somewhere else.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

six months ago and nobody has taken it yet. I might have to take it to the tip myself.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I hope you checked their waste carrier's licence. Otherwise you are liable to prosecution.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Bollocks. That was theft.

Reply to
ARW

I think you can. I heard of someone getting a caution for skip diving.

Reply to
harry

They knock on the door and ask if it is O.K. to take any scrap metal out of your skip. They all seem to be Eastern European with coffee coloured skin but driving different vehicles so I suspect some kind of large but quite well behaved organisation has infiltrated the area.

They also go away when you say 'No Thanks'.

No idea what happened to the traditional Pikeys though.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

One should always ask first, as it may well be that contents of a skip are salvagable and part of the contract to remove. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Next door neighbour had to reclaim a flymo which had been left under a porch for a few minutes.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I was pulling your leg, dear boy...

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Good Catholics not working on a sunday ;)

Reply to
philipuk

They're in the City, shifting money around.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon