Pikeys at it again in my area.

Again, the local Pikeys are thieving from outbuildings and workshops in the local area. Steel, horse tack, power tools - if it aint nailed down its gone.

I need some form of intruder alert on my outbuildings and barn and found this outfit:

would be grateful for comments regarding this system, it's pricey but seems to fit the bill. Are their any other systems that I should consider?

Thanks Julian.

Reply to
Julian

Yes.

dom

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Peter Parry

One of the lads (Nige IIRC) over in uk.media.dvd recently had some success getting a motorbike back having caught some scrotes in the act with a camera - they're usually happy enough to help point people in the right direction as far as types of equipment go - might be worth reposting the original message in there too !

Reply to
Colin Wilson

40 Gypsies died and went to heaven. They turned up at the Pearly Gates and asked St Peter to let them in.

He said that they didn't have room for all 40 of them. He only had room for

5, so they should go away and think about who would come in.

A short while later St Peter went to see God and said " They've gone!"

God replied, "What, the Pikeys"?

"No the F*cking gates"!!!!

Reply to
TonyK

Posh bloke in nice car rolls up and parks in a pikey area, "Hey mister, =A35 to watch ure car" says a young pikey. "No its alright says the guy, theres an alsatian in there!" he replies. "aye" says young pikey " but can the dog put out fires"!!!

Reply to
Staffbull

Thanks for a sensible reply. But the jokes are quite good too, much better than that unbelievable tosh about noisy kettles!

I've already got the security camera situation in hand thanks, and I think that it may well frighten the Pikeys away.

I've got a shotgun, (for vermin control) but it's not much use when I'm fast asleep, also given that the law tends to favour the criminal these days I'm not convinced that pointing it at a Pikey will help me in the long term. (tempting though it may be)

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

Re my post about the flashing stolen from the industrial estate by pikeys, there has also been an outbreak of alluminium sign stealing locally.

Actually done me a favour - I now have two jobs to replace flashing & one job to replace a sign when the new one arrives,

TBH I'd rather the thieving bastards moved on.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman