AA faster than the pikeys:-)

10 minutes from me phoning them to them arriving. And the customer I was working for moved into these premises on Monday. AA asked for a postcode etc and all the new stationary at the firm has the wrong postcode:-)

So wrong postcode, no idea what road I was on as I had no map no sat nav (not my van) and the AA still found me after the AA guy on the phone asked "just give me old fashioned directions".

Reply to
ARW

The wrong postcode, or a special postcode for large mail users that does not apply to the rest of the street?

If the former, then rubber stamps are cheap :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

On Tuesday 03 December 2013 22:30 snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote in uk.d- i-y:

Imperial College has 3 postcodes - only one of which is the "official" one.

The other two do work - and may get you your delvery quicker :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Ha. My aunt borrowed my mother's car some years ago (her's wouldn't start) and on the way to work it started to rattle alarmingly (it was a loose metal cover below the engine). She pulled up and called the AA. The road she was on had been split into three sections, with the middle section re-named and the two remaining sections with the same name being on separate pages of the A to Z. It took the AA 5-1/2 hours to find her!

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

When I was there different departments had different postcodes and they have other sites too, I think they have more than three postcodes.

Reply to
dennis

On Wednesday 04 December 2013 08:52 dennis@home wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Not aware of there being more than 3.

One was the 180 Queensgate entrance (Huxley)

One was the Prince Consort Road entrance (Physics)

The other was the Exhibition Road entrance which I *think* was the official one (as in "goes via the Post Room").

It's possible that there may be another for Imperial College Road (internal private road) seeing as that's where the post office building is.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Local paper has the postcode of it's box office number displayed on their site. They do mention it if you look for directions info though and give you the right one.

Reply to
mogga

I suppose that RM still offer the service to large businesses where they pre-sort departmental mail by allocating a different post code to each one. It's a long time (20 years + probably) since I read about so I can't remember what the service was called.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Pre-sorted Delivery and/or Selectapost, depending on volume and sorting criteria.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Selectapost is what I remember now you say.

Reply to
Peter Johnson