How long does tiling take?

Hi guys,
This may be an odd question, but how long does it take to tile a shower? Just a regular stand-up shower, 3.5 feet wide, 8 feet high? I ask because I've hired someone to do it and it's taking forever. It makes me wonder whether I had any idea just how big a job this was or whether this guy just works incredibly slow.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Matthew
A real tile guy would knock that out before lunch but it is probably a 2 day job for a homeowner. You will set the tile one day and grout it the next, spending more time sponging than grouting no doubt.
replying to Greg, Joe wrote: Stupid comment. Nobody can do what you are saying. LOL. It depends on if you have a helper as well, what floor it's on in the house, how tight the space is, where you can do your cutting at, how square the wall are, ......a million things. What size tile, are there niches and benches,.....I don't think you personally have ever tiled anything in your life. And tile "pro" wouldn't get it done in 2 days let alone Joe homeowner.
On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 11:44:08 PM UTC-6, Joe wrote:

What?!? Another retard from HomeMoanersHub replying to a THIRTEEN YEAR OLD THREAD??????
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

Let us hope they escaped the tile monster...
--
Tekkie

Probably just real slow and may not know what he is doing. However, preparation to start tiling can take a while if it is a mess to begin with. Once that is done the actual tile setting and grouting goes fast.

On 2004-08-31 20:03:49 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Mya70) said:

Our tile guy is an artist. It took him a half a day to figure out exactly how he was going to do the job (this included the shower, the walls, the floor, a pattern in the floor, hand cut "sizzle strips" and a chair rail. It took him about four days to complete the job. He & I worked closely on the look of everything, from the brick pattern layout of the tiles on the walls, to where the little indigo diamonds would go on the floor. This is a small bathroom with a lot of weird angles. The job he did is perfect. We have a beautiful new bathroom that also fits in perfectly with a 1929 house.
He did have the shower tile done in a day, but didn't grout & seal until everything was done. He also had a helper.

Just
whether I

Let's see...
Step 1: Put up the backerboard: 1-2 hours
Step 2: Install the tile 1/2-1 day.
Step 3: Grout: 1 hr
Step 4: Seal grout: Depends on process used. Some processes require repeated coats over several days.
The bottom line is that it is a day to a day and a half job, plus sealing the grout.
KB
Thank you to everyone who answered. I really appreciate the assistance.
Matthew
replying to Kyle Boatright, Joe wrote: Laughable and not possible
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Mya70) wrote:

We just a shower (walls, curb, and floor, including the installation of a mud base) and bath floor (about 5'x9') installed. It took one guy two long days (8 am to 7 pm). -- Doug
replying to Mya70, Chris wrote:

Just
It's a 3 day job 1st day backer board, under layment, mud bed and set the curb 2nd day tile 3rd grout. If you got a good job what does it matter?
replying to Mya70, Chris wrote:

Just
It's a 3 day job 1st day backer board, under layment, mud bed and set the curb 2nd day tile 3rd grout. If you got a good job what does it matter?
On Monday, August 10, 2015 at 8:44:06 PM UTC-5, Chris wrote:

Welllllll, if Myra has not gotten that tiling job completed since it was first posted on 8/31/04 I wouldn't worry about answering the question after eleven (11) years.
On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 22:31:18 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann

Eleven years is slow for a tile job. At this point I'd kick his ass out and get someone else to finish. I just hope she is not paying by the hour.
replying to Ed Pawlowski, Nurse Vee wrote: Lol 😁!!! I needed that... This is the 4th day. Thanks
replying to Nurse Vee, Danny4Tile wrote: ANYONE WHO SAYS IT TAKES A COUPLE HOURS OR HALF A DAY... I DONT NEED TO SEE YOUR WORK TO SAY IT IS GARBAGE. THESE R THE JOBS I GET CALLED ON TO REPAIR AND FIX AND MOST TIMES NEED TO GET FULLY REDONE.
IF THE PREPWORK IS DONE AND WE R USING BIG TILES THEN OK HALF A DAY OR A DAY.
MOST BATHROOMS HAVE SOME KIND OF DESIGN LISTELLO BORDERS BULLNOSE METAL TRIM ETC. NO TWO BATHROOMS ARE EXACTLY ALIKE SOBWE NEED TIME TO WORKOUT A LAYOUT.
SOME GUYS ARE FASTER SOME ARE SLOWER LETS NOT GO TO THE EXTREMES. SOME ARE CLUELESS. BUT THIS IS NOT A COMPETITION.
SOME OF HOMEOWNERS WANT YOU TO FINISH BEFORE U EVEN START AN THEY EXPECT PERFECTION. THIS IS A BATHROOM THAT YOUR GOING TO BE USING FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IN THE CASE OF MANY. YOU WANT NICE PAY FOR IT AND WAIT FOR IT.
IF YOU DONT CARE ABOUT HOW ITS GOING TO LOOK THEN Y EVE CALL A TILE GUY. DO IT YOURSELF OR LET HIM KNOW IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER AND HELL FINISH IN HALF THE TIME.
replying to Danny4Tile, Pragmatic to a Fault wrote: Quality Job Fast Job Cheap Job
Pick two, because that's all you get. If somebody promises you all three, you'll wind up with nothing!
On 9/29/2017 10:44 AM, Pragmatic to a Fault wrote:

When I was doing my bathrooms a couple of years ago, I thought the tile guy was taking forever. Seemed like at the end of the day just about nothing was done. It has been three years now since it was finished and I cannot find even a minor flaw. Everything is perfectly plumb and level, (epoxy) grout is perfect. He was priced fairly too. I caught him at a time he was not busy and I did not bug him so he liked working in my house.
On Friday, September 29, 2017 at 6:44:18 AM UTC-5, Danny4Tile wrote:

I should have guessed. It's another retard from HomeMoanersHub with his capital key stuck in uppercase and screaming at us.