Hose clips at Aldi on thursday

Oat cookies an' all:

Lobster

Beware of those, they are usually junk. I binned the last lot from them.

Reply to
EricP

Not my experience, best buy I've had for ages, I was hoping they would come back soon as I've nearly run out.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

value.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I know but I've no need to buy more,bought 2 boxes last year.

Cant for the life of me see what can go wrong MrP? unless you have hands like a hammer? these are no different than those sold individually at a high price.

Reply to
George

They changed the name? I've always known these as jubilee clips.

Reply to
Anne Welsh Jackson

'Jubilee' is a trade name for a hose clip, owned by a company in Gillingham, Kent - about 3 miles from me.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Jubilee was/is a brand name similar to how we all use Sellotape and Hoover when referring to sticky tape and vacuum cleaners.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

None of them would tighten George. I looked a right idiot when I dished them out one weekend to two neighbours doing car work. One found they slipped immediately and the other tightened them but it failed on his way home from work the next day. Trying to tighten them just caused them to slip the thread and open one notch.

Reply to
EricP

Bad batch? I've just tightned 4 different sizes around a brush pole and hand rail and tapped them hard with a hammer, won't budge. :-)

Reply to
George

I had some too. You could only tighten them so far before they deformed/fell apart. The cut outs in them are too great leaving a very weak structure.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

These replies are interesting. I don't know if we need any but I'll tell Spouse of others' experiences, he's very enthusiastic about Aldi/Lidl products because the ones we've had have been excellent.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Like George, I bought some last time they were on offer & found them excellent.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Should not worry Mary. It sounds like a bad batch if the ugly mob in here are happy with them. Beside your husband probably has the experience to spot duff ones.

Reply to
EricP

I bought a kit of extra cheap tie-wraps, 1,000 for a quid from Maplin I think, and not one of them would latch up and stay gripped. 8-((

Basil Fawlty mode = ON

I mean *what is the point* ? It's so basic !

Basil Fawlty mode = OFF

Derek

Reply to
Derek

I can only speak as I find matey, mine were OK.

If I buy two more packs & they are crap I'll let you know :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

FWIR the metal band on the original jubilee clips was not perforated by the "threads".

Derek

Reply to
Derek

I realise that what I said might have been ambiguous. He's never had hose clips from the brothers' stores but he's had a lot of other hardware and is enthusiastic about it.

We were introduced to Lidl two years go when someone on the caravan ng posted that portaloo look-alikes were being sold at a very good price. Both stores have had a lot of our money since then :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I think you probably meant "Portapotti".

I have never seen Portaloos in Lidl. Nor Aldi for that matter. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce