Aldi O-Ring Assortment from Thursday 10th

Aldi O-ring set avail from Thurs 10th, £6.99:

you're a jobbing handyman, unlikely to be used every day, but well worth having in stock for the odd domestic emergency.

Reply to
fred

Would damn well be Aldi - Lidl less than a mile, Aldi > 15 miles.

Reply to
polygonum

Picked up an assorted tap washer and seal set a couple of months ago from Aldi. Two weeks later, needed a tiny washer to replace the one in a drain c*ck which disintegrated when opened, and sure enough, the smallest ones in there were just right.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Only 15 miles? Nearest to us is >20. But get yer hands orf, I want a box...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

For most folk the 90p toolstation set might be better suited, IIRC.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I've had a set for a few years & only used about 3 :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

What 90p O ring set from Toolstation?

I see:

220 piece in metric or imperial for =A39.55 each. 85 piece fo =A32.15. 419 piece for =A38.71.

Page 315 of Cat 48.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In article , Andrew Gabriel writes

You are Goldilocks and ICMFP :-D

Reply to
fred

It was you I was thinking of when thought of more frequent use but when you need a guaranteed repair I suppose a new tap assembly is the way to go.

I found a kit with many similar sizes useful when I was changing the seal on the pivoting spout of a mixer tap. What I thought was the best size was too tight in operation so I used a smaller one stretched to a thinner section and it was perfect. I think it took a couple of tries to get the optimum one and if I'd just gone and bought the 'right' size I would have been stuffed.

Reply to
fred

But what would be the cost of having to go to the shop and buy one specially on the 3 times you did need it?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Same here when I bought the first Aldi launch of these.

But once word got around I had them, my door has been regularly banged on a Sunday morning by a sad faced biker/diy motorist clutching a busted ring and a hopeful look on its face.

No one has left unhappy so far.

Reply to
Ericp

*IF* (big if) the local hardware store, a 5 mile round trip away, had th= e right size about =A31.75. Otherwise about =A314 (40 mile round trip, minimum).
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Maybe its another brand at the nearest hardware store, but I thought it was= - no, silverline not toolsatan. That might be 2 mistakes though :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

And when you did need it, the shops would be shut.

Reply to
Bob Eager

If it was that desparate I might try calling the local hardware store at= sensible social hours say between 0900 and 1900.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice