Looking for LED dimmable strip light replacement?

problem: alcove with 9" incandescent strip light controlled by dimmer has once again failed due to dearest leaving it on days on end. The fitting plastic has gone brittle brown and crumbly.
LED would be nice, but I cant find an integrated dimmable fitting..
anyone seen such?
--
Ineptocracy

There are some self adhesive backed LED strips of moderately high brightness intended for nominal 12v operation. I think you would have to implement your own PWM based brightness modulation though. eg
http://www.ledcentre.uk.com/275-indoor-led-strip-lights.html
I bet they are not the cheapest source though.

Not at sensible prices. Look for LED kit intended for display cases and mood lighting in commercial premises. Somehow the price rockets up.
It strikes me that LED strips would be ideal for use in fridges as the incandescent lamp is dim, hot and usually obscured by yoghurt pots!
--
Regards,
Martin Brown