DIY at Aldi

More DIY 'stuff' this coming Thursday. No angle grinders, but drill bits and an arc welder among others.

An electric file???

Reply to
Bob Eager

It's a sort of mini belt sander. Very useful for quick easing of things where you're not too worried about accuracy. Like say fitting a socket box into wood. Not a must have tool, but can be handy.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah, OK. Last time I had to do that I ended up using the sander drum on the Dremel.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I have the B&D version of that. Very useful for easing out mortices for door locks etc.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Cheaper than the Bosch version :-)

(I have the Black and Decker "PowerFile" version from several design changes back, which is more like the Aldi one.)

Reply to
Alan Braggins

should be blacklisted

-
Reply to
Mark

Right. So it would be something you use quite a bit?

Basically, I find it handy for anything wood related across the grain where you can't get a decent stroke with a rasp. Or are too lazy. And don't want to risk a decent chisel.

It's the B&D one I have too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not every day, it's one of those tools, like the multi master & clones, that is a real life saver when you do need it.

I use it a lot on newel posts when decking. Kerf out the half lap with circular saw, clean up & adjust with B&D Powerfile.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

They are by me.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

On 20 Oct 2014, F grunted:

Will those reciprocating saw blades fit my Ryobi? Are they all generic?

Reply to
Lobster