Aldi power tool price reductions

Local Aldi (Leeds) was clearing out various DIY related stuff at reduced pr ices when I wandered round today.

Five that I remember (or partially so):

Powercraft version of B&D Power File - down to £20 from £30

Petrol pressure washer - £150 from £200

Earlex style wall paper stripper - £16.xx Can't recall full price.

Recipe saw £30 from £60 (Mind you, picked one up last year for £15)

And some boxy electric welding thing the details of which escape me for les s than £30 which may or may not be a good price.

Reply to
mike

prices when I wandered round today.

I just use a knife for cutting up cooking

ess than £30 which may or may not be a good price.

I've heard they're pretty bad. For once it seems they tripped up on a produ ct.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

There's also this on Sunday:

but doesn't look anything to write home about.

Didn't see anything obvious in Cambridge Aldi tonight, apart from lots of wallpaper strippers (didn't see the price).

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Auto-correct is a great leveller. Now we cam all lock illiterate.

Reply to
mike

Do Aldi re-distribute clearance stuff to certain stores?

Reply to
mike

If one store sold out of recipe saws in seconds flat, whilst another was tripping over them until they got bored, it'd be daft not to shift them across. Hell, you wouldn't even need to discount them - just "Ooh, look, there's some more... "

Reply to
Adrian

In article , mike writes

I have a feeling they do, when they were doing 39" lcd tellies a year or two ago, my local had plenty of stock, then sold out, then got more in a month or so later and put them on general display so I assumed that it was some kind of clearance concentration point.

Reply to
fred

mike formulated on Friday :

They tend to keep the special items in for a week or two, then drop the price if they are not going out the door. It seems now to have become a regular feature to have price reduced items on the shelves, marked up with a red price reduced card.

Trouble is, both A and L have become so popular amongst the masses, their stores are over subscribed with goods many of which are not price marked at all. You want to know the price, you have to trapse to the tills. One such outlet at least had a screen on the wall, where you could type the item number in and find the price. Something the need to address.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Not normally, it stays where first delivered.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Yes, Netto have just reappeared here in Leeds and they have a scanner for c ustomer use. Quite a nice looking store actually... and right next door to Sainsbury's who are 50-50 partners with Netto's owners this time round. I wonder if Sainsbury's will end up cutting their own throats with this arra ngement?

Reply to
mike

I suspect Aldi are leery of taking advice from uk.d-i-y given that the last they received was from Andy Hall and was that they should not sell power tools and instead stick to cauliflowers.

How much better would they have been doing now if only they'd listened?

Reply to
mike

Not very well from me; I've never bought a cauliflower from Aldi.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

:-)