Aldi tool :(

Got one of theirpacks of blades etc to use on an oscillating saw. Used the sanding pad & sandpaper triangles today for the first time. After using up just 2 pads the velcro on the holder is in a bad way. The central area rema ins, but the rest has disintegrated & gone.

The only remedy I'd expect is a refund, and I'd sooner keep the set. So... who knows how to fix this? Where does one get tougher sheet velcro?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I think the pad holders have to be regarded as disposable items (I suppose blades are too of course). I just use them until they don't hold the pads properly any more then move on to the next one. I seem to wear them out at comparable rate to the blades they come with, though I've never really found a use for the scraper tools.

Reply to
cl

I got a cheap set from toolstation I think and the velcro was so bad that with any pressure on the sanding pad the pad stopped moving whilst the pad holder continued ! This caused the velcro to self destruct in short order. Utterly useless ! Simon. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

One of the problems is that if you apply too much pressure, it all gets hot and effectively melts all the hooks.

Reply to
newshound

Agreed. This has been discussed here with reference to the Bosch version too. Excess heat seems to be the problem. The multi tools have bigger motors (250w from memory) than the earlier sander only tools (120w) on which the holders last very well.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I suspect they are also much faster. Saxton Blades do pretty good ones at a decent price.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Scraper tools turn out to be quite useful when squaring off new plaster in the corners prior to fitting skirting.

I didn't even realise that they curved in a small amount at the corners until I offered up the first skirting board.

More effective than a bolster.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Hence the recommendation to only use sanding sheets on the lowest speed.

Reply to
alan_m